MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gaming PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm going to end this flamefest hopefully here. I'm buying the Intel i5 2500k and the Shuttle. If you guys want me to go to AMD then well thats too bad because I'm still getting the i5 no matter what. So stop spamming the thread with useless information that I wont use.
(2011-08-13, 11:39 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]My mistake, turns out you just can't overclock memory.

He's still wasting money. Since he has a dedicated GPU he has absolutley no reason for the H67.
That being said, it doesn't guarantee that you'll be able overclock anything; most proprietary motherboards found in prebuilds and such don't have any overclocking capabilities at all.

Jason, it's not like we're AMD salesmen trying to sell you a product; we're trying to recommend stuff based on the information you've given us and initially requested help with. If you choose to purchase something blindly, no one's going to stop you. But if you come here asking for advice, well, I think you know where I'm going. Just trying to help you make an informed decision.
(2011-08-13, 11:46 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-13, 11:39 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]My mistake, turns out you just can't overclock memory.

He's still wasting money. Since he has a a dedicated GPU he has absolutley no reason for the H67.

Its a substantially powerful computer for the $800 I'm spending. How am I wasting money?
(2011-08-13, 11:46 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]He's still wasting money. Since he has a a dedicated GPU he has absolutley no reason for the H67.

H67 tends to be cheaper, but yes with a dedicated GPU it's unnecessary.
Also, I cant go with AMD for the tiny SFF shuttle type I want. http://us.shuttle.com/barebone/Models/SA76G2V2.html
^^ Their only amd barebone. Which is from their "basic" line.
Just checking on Amazon. The build with Yumi is barely even below the price I'm paying for the intel. And I havent even picked the case or hard drive yet. I'm sticking with my i5.
That's because there's an SSD in there. You don't need one, it's just recommended and offers a huge performance boost for loading times (loading, not rendering, etc.) over any other factor in the system.
(2011-08-13, 11:48 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]

He's still wasting money. Since he has a a dedicated GPU he has absolutley no reason for the H67.

Its a substantially powerful computer for the $800 I'm spending. How am I wasting money?
Could be cheaper and better.
Sure intel must be good and all, but AMD usually is more affordable with better price/quality ratio.
The fact it's not pushed down the throught like intel ( I mean, go into a media store, most PC's will have intel )

You should just black out the brand name and see what it can do and how much it costs, THATS WHAT YOU ASKED FOR.
So if you can't abide to your own question, don't even hesitate to bother us with your nonsense.

If you don't agree with what I just said I can say nothing else but:
Your call ?
(2011-08-14, 12:10 AM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]

Sure intel must be good and all, but AMD usually is more affordable with better price/quality ratio.
The fact it's not pushed down the throught like intel ( I mean, go into a media store, most PC's will have intel )

You should just black out the brand name and see what it can do and how much it costs, THATS WHAT YOU ASKED FOR.
So if you can't abide to your own question, don't even hesitate to bother us with your nonsense.

Your call ?

Don't bother, he's not willing to take anyone's advice. He wants what he wants and that's it.
(2011-08-14, 12:11 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-14, 12:10 AM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]

Your call ?

Don't bother, he's not willing to take anyone's advice. He wants what he wants and that's it.

Correct! Your first right answer! I have the money for this ($800) and I don't like AMD. I dont like AMD, so what? Why do you guys have to piss yourselves and fight me over msn for an hour over something that isn't yours? If I want to buy an i5 and not an AMD just because I like intel then I can. All I've been asking is if it will work and you guys decide to flame me and call me out on things I want. So I ask if faviouz or someone else reads this thread to close it because I'm tired of people reading it and then flaming me over it. This thread was for a yes or no answer on wether the setup would work not a AMD promotion thread. All of ya'll need to chill the hell out (its the damn internet for god sakes) and stop arguing on other peoples what may be stupid decisions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6