MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does anyone here use Dreamweaver CS3 as an FTP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone here uses Dreamweaver CS3 as an FTP?

I am working on upgrading from 1.6.1 to 1.6.4 and want to overwrite files automatically - like find and replace. This will speed up the process.

If anyone knows how to do this please advise.

Thanks
(2011-08-27, 10:09 PM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone here uses Dreamweaver CS3 as an FTP?

I am working on upgrading from 1.6.1 to 1.6.4 and want to overwrite files automatically - like find and replace. This will speed up the process.

If anyone knows how to do this please advise.

Thanks

There are no css changes in 1.6.1 to 4...
(2011-08-27, 10:32 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]There are no css changes in 1.6.1 to 4...

Hi Jason,

I was not referring to CSS changes. I just want to replace the new files with the old ones. I think there is a way to set it up so it replaces the old ones with the new ones while it uploads the files? If anyone knows, let me know.

Thanks
FileZilla should make that easy.
(2011-08-28, 03:26 AM)Fluid Mantis Wrote: [ -> ]FileZilla should make that easy.
This. You should uninstall Dreamweaver right now and use real tools to get the job done!
(2011-08-28, 03:26 AM)Fluid Mantis Wrote: [ -> ]FileZilla should make that easy.

Hi Fluid, for the sake of getting the job done, I dloaded Filezilla.

So how do I set that up in Filezilla. Where it finds and replaces files while uploading?

Thanks
Dreamweaver can do that o.O Filezilla is the king for thing like that Smile
(2011-08-28, 11:14 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]Dreamweaver can do that o.O Filezilla is the king for thing like that Smile

How?
Sorry for the late reply. It's a pretty simple setting you can toggle. Did you figure it out yet?
It will do this anyway, just upload the files to the same place and it'll ask you if you want to overwrite them...
Pages: 1 2 3