MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to do Gzip Css files using ob_start ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've added the code and tested and here is the result
Quote:http://mywebsite.com/cache/themes/theme18/global.css is not gzipped
I've added
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml text/x-js text/css application/javascript
in htaccess. at the top of all content and then test. And my htaccess contains, google seo plugin content, mybb sef url content, and two redirects for my site
If it's not being compressed, then mod_deflate likely isn't enabled. Which host are you using?
000webhost Wink (m going to change it after a month but for now I need to enable gzip on global.css)
That's likely the problem. You'd have to contact 000webhost and see if they have mod_deflate enabled.
Any other way to compress?
Not really. You can minify it using this guide I posted yesterday and that should help a bit.

My host supports mod_deflate. But it is not working
Use mod_deflate or manually compress css to .css.gzip...this works as alternative
(2011-08-29, 06:57 PM)javier432 Wrote: [ -> ]Use mod_deflate or manually compress css to .css.gzip...this works as alternative

This is the problem, mod_deflate is not working, alternative can't be done as this is global.css
Pages: 1 2 3 4