MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to do Gzip Css files using ob_start ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It's odd that mod_deflate isn't working if it's enabled. You are using this exact code, right:
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml text/css text/js
i have the same problem
mod_deflate is enable in my host but when i past this code into the .htaccess and and test my site with www.gtmetrix.com it say that CSS and JS fiiles are not compressed .
this is my site address : www.r30.ir

this is the code that i use:

<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript application/x-javascript text/css text/html text/xml text/x-js
</IfModule>
(2011-10-06, 08:32 AM)heavaz60 Wrote: [ -> ]i have the same problem
mod_deflate is enable in my host but when i past this code into the .htaccess and and test my site with www.gtmetrix.com it say that CSS and JS fiiles are not compressed .
this is my site address : www.r30.ir

this is the code that i use:

<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript application/x-javascript text/css text/html text/xml text/x-js
</IfModule>

In my case, I gzip javascript manually by changing its file type , general.js.php
for css, I I minified it alot, because there was no solution other then that, Add I make js, cache able using mod_expire.c
how do you change file type ?
could you please give me more detail ?
Use Cloudflare and they will compress for you.
i check cloudflare and feel this is a little risky to change DNS.
could anyone help me with more detail ?
(2011-10-07, 02:37 PM)heavaz60 Wrote: [ -> ]i check cloudflare and feel this is a little risky to change DNS.
could anyone help me with more detail ?

How is it risky to change dns?
I run DNS for HF at CF. It's more than safe. They have excellent DNS servers.
(2011-10-07, 05:08 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I run DNS for HF at CF. It's more than safe. They have excellent DNS servers.

Curiously, do you run the free version or the paid version?
Paid because I want the extra security features like their WAF. I have 4 sites under their paid service right now. It's so damn cheap.
Pages: 1 2 3 4