MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ModNotice Plus 1.5.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
ModNotice Plus

Overview:
Updated and repaired version of Garlant Modnotice V1.2 [MyBB 1.4]

This plugin give a option to moderate a posting. The moderator can create a message which a normal user can't erase or change.
Click on the "Edit" button and you will see a new option. This option allow you to moderate a post and write a message which the 'normal' user can't delete or change.
After creating such a moderator message there can be send a private message to the author of the moderated post. - De/Activate this function in your settings.

MyBB version support:

License:
GNU/GPL

Installation:
1. Unpack the downloaded package.
2. Merge the Upload folder with your MyBB installation folder.
3. Activate plugin via ACP.
4. Open your theme(s) and append this css to the end global.ccs:

.modnotice {
	background: #ADCBE7;
	padding: 8px;
	margin: auto auto;
	border: 1px solid #0F5C8E;
	color: #000000;
	font-size: 12px;
}

Uninstallation:
1. Login to ACP, go to Configuration > Plugins.
2. Click "Uninstall" next to the ModNotice Plus.

Upgrading from previous version:
Upgrading from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5
1) Deactivate plugin
2) Upload the contents of archive to the root of your MyBB installation, overwritting the old files
3) Activate plugin

Upgrading from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4
1) Deactivate plugin
2) Upload the contents of archive to the root of your MyBB installation, overwritting the old files
3) Activate plugin

Upgrading from 1.5.2 to 1.5.3
1) Uninstall plugin
3) Install & Activate plugin

Upgrading from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2
1) Upload the contents of archive to the root of your MyBB installation, overwritting the old files

Upgrading from 1.5 to 1.5.1
1) Upload the contents of archive to the root of your MyBB installation, overwritting the old files

Upgrading from 1.4 to 1.5

Upgrading from 1.3 to 1.4
1) Deactivate plugin
3) Activate plugin

Change Log:
1.5.5 - 13.01.2014
Fixed: Issue with poll options in template.

1.5.4 - 09.01.2014
New: Added choose prefix of the first post of the thread.

1.5.3 - 20.03.2013
Fixed: Language file with ACP settings strings.
Fixed: Parser - thanks Omar G.

1.5.2 - 29.11.2011
Fixed: Compatibility with MyBB 1.6.5

1.5.1 - 22.9.2011
Fixed: Issue with CheckBox "Send Notice To Author" - now remember "checked/unchecked" after preview with error.

1.5 - 16.9.2011
Fixed: Renamed from ModNotice+ to ModNotice Plus.
Fixed: Thread Title changes after changing the subject of the first post.

1.4 - 1.8.2011
New: Added a checkbox "Send Notice To Author" to the template if posting of notice is enabled in Admin CP.

1.3 - 10.12.2010
Compatible with MyBB 1.6*
Fixed: issue with sending of PM

Notes:
You may download the plugin here (attachment below). The file on MyBB mod site maybe temporarily unavailable when awaiting validation.

Download:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/modnotice-1-3
or [attachment=30833] [attachment=30834]
ModNotice+ 1.4 was better. When I check ModNotice Plus in my AdminCP, all I see is an On/Off switch, and nothing else. When I try to add a Moderator notice, it says "edited Today 16:42 this post because:" then whatever message you want. I have deactivated it until further notice. Please fix this, I think this is a very valuable Plugin when it works.
Sorry, but I don't understand what you don't work.
Version 1.5 has only new name and fixed "Thread Title changes after changing the subject of the first post". No other changes.

Admin can enable or disable sending PM in ACP. It is the On/Off switch.
Admin or Moderator can set "Send Notice To Author" during moderation of post.

UPDATE
1.5.1 - 22.9.2011

Fixed: issue with CheckBox "Send Notice To Author" - now remember "checked/unchecked" after preview with error.
where exactly add this code which template??

.modnotice {
    background: #ADCBE7;
    padding: 8px;
    margin: auto auto;
    border: 1px solid #0F5C8E;
    color: #000000;
    font-size: 12px;
} 

ACP >> Templates & Style >> Themes
select you theme and click on button Options >> Edit Theme
Click on global.css and then Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode on top right corner.
Add this code at end of Stylesheet.
(2011-09-22, 07:25 AM)Prtik Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I don't understand what you don't work.
Version 1.5 has only new name and fixed "Thread Title changes after changing the subject of the first post". No other changes.

Below is what I see in the Admin CP. I've uploaded everything correctly, so is there any way to change it?

[Image: 350jc09.png]
Plugin works good, but in the ACP don't show text labels, isn't it?
It's a problem with the installation. Deactivation and activation don't fix this issue.
And if you uninstall and install the plugin, you will lose all notices.
If you have access to PHPMyAdmin, you can repair text label by this SQL code

UPDATE settings SET title="Send Notice To Post Author",
description="Send a a private message to the author of the edited post." WHERE name="modnotice_pm";
UPDATE settinggroups SET title="ModNotice Plus" WHERE name="modnotice";
Where would I find that SQL code in PHPMyAdmin, and how do I change it? I have uninstalled, and re-installed, it several times, and it always comes up like that.

And it does not work as well as it should, it only shows the attached. How can this be fixed, as well?
Thanx , good work
Awesome!

I really like this plugin, and am using it for quite some time now. The only problem I had with it (changing the post title instead of the topic title) is now also taken care of.

Thanks! +1
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10