MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Your Actual Desktop!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2011-09-20, 07:57 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]All you really need is a table saw, a hammer, drill, some screws, nails and glue.
Had I a permanent place for a table saw I would buy one in a heartbeat.
(2011-09-20, 08:08 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-20, 07:57 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]All you really need is a table saw, a hammer, drill, some screws, nails and glue.
Had I a permanent place for a table saw I would buy one in a heartbeat.

IIRC you can get mini foldable ones with removable saw. I think we had one when i was wee.
(2011-09-20, 08:46 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC you can get mini foldable ones with removable saw. I think we had one when i was wee.
I'll look into it! Sounds awesome.

Some fond memories of shop class are coming back to me. Big Grin
Mini ones are okay for smaller stuff, a skillsaw might be a better investment if you can cut straight though o.o
(2011-09-20, 09:30 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Mini ones are okay for smaller stuff, a skillsaw might be a better investment if you can cut straight though o.o

Straight Cut Tip #1
Know your distance from edge of blade guide to blade. Get a straight (as close to perfect as possible) 2x4. Tightly clamp it to your wood to be cut the exact distance you got in the above measurement from your cut line. Measure everything again, just in case. Cut.

There ya go, "tablesaw in a pinch" Toungue
Or use a laser. Skillsaws aren't too bad since the blade spans so far, but I suck with reciprocating saws :|
(2011-09-20, 11:41 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Or use a laser. Skillsaws aren't too bad since the blade spans so far, but I suck with reciprocating saws :|
I cut everything but what I want to cut with reciprocating saws.
(2011-09-20, 11:46 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-20, 11:41 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Or use a laser. Skillsaws aren't too bad since the blade spans so far, but I suck with reciprocating saws :|
I cut everything but what I want to cut with reciprocating saws.

Lack of control much? Wink

I can use pretty much any power tool, and use them well. I have a very well rounded education... computer repair to home repair lol...
(2011-09-21, 02:25 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Lack of control much? Wink

I can use pretty much any power tool, and use them well. I have a very well rounded education... computer repair to home repair lol...
Perhaps. I've cut my shoe, extension cords, rocks, the floor, etc. before. Toungue

Other than that (haha) I'm actually a fairly good woodworker. I took wood shop for three years in high school and ended up making a lot of stuff around the house - cabinets, clocks, the screen door, my desk, etc. I love working with wood. It's amazing what you can do with a bandsaw.
OK here is mien; (Images are crappy because of my new crappy cell phone Sad )
[attachment=24306] [attachment=24307] [attachment=24308]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6