MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Downtime?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello,

not sure if this has been posted, But today for a number of hours MyBB.com would not load, http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ even said it was down. i noticed this the other week as well.

just want to know is it really me or is something going wrong with MyBB?
Unsure, probably another DDoS again. Apparently someone doesn't like us very much.
(2011-09-29, 10:49 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently someone doesn't like us very much.

xF or vB ?? Toungue

I guess any old arrogant user used to do like this. I've PM-ed something interesting (and my investigation) to Tim B.
Can't DDOS be fixed like yahoo did ?
(2011-09-29, 12:07 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't DDOS be fixed like yahoo did ?

It's not like there's a button called "Turn off DDoS". You have to mitigate the attacks.

Yahoo are a multi-billion dollar corporation. They have millions of servers with thousands of staff members.

MyBB is a simple website running on one server with a very small staff team. At most, there's probably only 3-4 people with access to the server.

The datacenter will help to mitigate the attacks, maybe even null route the IP address, but there's no definitely to stop them.
(2011-09-29, 12:24 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-29, 12:07 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't DDOS be fixed like yahoo did ?

It's not like there's a button called "Turn off DDoS". You have to mitigate the attacks.

Yahoo are a multi-billion dollar corporation. They have millions of servers with thousands of staff members.

MyBB is a simple website running on one server with a very small staff team. At most, there's probably only 3-4 people with access to the server.

The datacenter will help to mitigate the attacks, maybe even null route the IP address, but there's no definitely to stop them.

MyBB will also be a billion $ company, Yeah lol I know there is no button "turn of DDOS" :p well IMO when a reputable website downs it casts a bad impression. The attackers can be detected ?
(2011-09-29, 12:34 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB will also be a billion $ company,

How so? There's no logical behind that.

(2011-09-29, 12:34 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]The attackers can be detected ?

Of course, that's how they manage block them.

(2011-09-29, 12:40 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]How so? There's no logical behind that.

I mean in future. though its non-profit, but website worth can be calculated.

(2011-09-29, 12:40 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, that's how they manage block them.
What about arresting them?
FYI, the MyBB server normally goes under a Cisco Guard if it's under attack, which helps mitigate the attackers.

Of course, this is all speculation. Chris manages the server so I'm sure he knows what's happened.
(2011-09-29, 12:48 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]What about arresting them?

Different countries, different laws. It's very hard to track down an exact individual, especially if they are located in areas such as Russia. But even there, there are close to no internet laws meaning they're not doing anything wrong.

(2011-09-29, 12:48 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]I mean in future. though its non-profit, but website worth can be calculated.

Unless mybb.com obtained an Alexa rank of < 100 I can't see it happening. The MyBB project has a more sentimental value than anything. Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4