MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: White Screen Of Death While Converting to MYBB. Please Help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
My server meets all the necessary requirements and also I think all the merge files were uploaded properly. Though I will try re-uploading them and let you know
I just tried it again. I re uploaded the merge files and ran merge. It brought me to the page for module selection and I still got the white screen after running "Usergroups"
I just tried it again. I re uploaded the merge files and ran merge. It brought me to the page for module selection and I still got the white screen after running "Usergroups"
Can you "download" the merge/boards/smf2/usergroups.php file from your server and attach it here please.
Hello, I have attached the file here
Ok, the file looks fine. The last thing I can think of is possibly the ftp mode. Which ftp client are you using, and can you please make sure that the mode for .php files is set to ascii?

I would recommend using FileZilla if you aren't. Its free, its fast, its very reliable, and its 100% cross platform as well.
I normally use filezilla, but I uploaded the merge zip folder directly to cpanel and extracted it.
Hello, Please is there any update on this. All the files are in place but it still doesnt work
Try uploading an already unzipped copy via FileZilla. cPanel's file manager is notorious for screwing up files.
I just transferred the extracted merge files through filezilla. I ran /merge and I still got the blank page. Could this have anything to do with me transferring from Vanilla to SMF. (I didn't have any issue doing that)
(2011-10-05, 02:14 AM)kingus Wrote: [ -> ]I just transferred the extracted merge files through filezilla. I ran /merge and I still got the blank page. Could this have anything to do with me transferring from Vanilla to SMF. (I didn't have any issue doing that)

No. The only things that should affect this are:
Version of PHP
Any modifications to the SMF database
Issues with the file (such as a PHP parse error caused by bad code or corrupted files from bad transfers.)

I'll poke around in your CP again tomorrow and see if I can find any specific errors. This is most annoying since I even went and downloaded your exact version of SMF and tried on my local machine and it worked just fine.
Ok, I will be expecting your update
I just got white screen merging mybb 1.6
Pages: 1 2 3 4