MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: White Screen Of Death While Converting to MYBB. Please Help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Did the logins work on SMF? If they work on SMF, then its an issue. If they didn't, then its something wrong with the converter from Vanilla to SMF, and we cannot help you.
This happened to me the fix;
Did you remember to add db user to db?
(2011-10-10, 04:51 PM)StevenF50 Wrote: [ -> ]This happened to me the fix;

This made no sense whatsoever. Please refrain from making worthless comments such as this.
Hello, the logins work in smf. The issue exists only in mybb
(2011-10-10, 10:01 PM)kingus Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, the logins work in smf. The issue exists only in mybb

Ok, I looked in your database again and I see what the issue is. The issue is that the passwords are hashed as Vanilla style, not SMF style. So yes they work for SMF, but wont for MyBB. The reason is that everyone would have to log into SMF in order for the passwords stored in the SMF database to be converted over to SMF style before merging to MyBB. The loginconvert plugin that comes with the Merge System has no way to understand Vanilla passwords. I'll put together a quick hack of the plugin for you that will hopefully understand Vanilla style passwords under SMF just to get you through this. I'll post it in an hour or so if I can.
Nevermind, that wont work. Your MyBB database doesn't have the original Vanilla salts. You will need to send a mass email to everyone telling them to request a password reset. I also recommend that you remove the passwordconvert, passwordconverttype, and passwordconvertsalt fields from your MyBB database for improved performance. You can also deactivate the loginconvert plugin since it wont do anything for you.
(2011-10-10, 06:11 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]

This made no sense whatsoever. Please refrain from making worthless comments such as this.
It does, I got this blank screen, the reason it didnt work is because i forgot to add the database user to database so this person might have the same problem.
(2011-10-11, 06:27 PM)StevenF50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-10, 06:11 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]

It does, I got this blank screen, the reason it didnt work is because i forgot to add the database user to database so this person might have the same problem.

You don't have add the database user to the database. That makes no sense at all. You use the same database connection information as the old forum uses to connect, which means the database user already exists and has permissions.
thanx this thread help me a lot
Pages: 1 2 3 4