MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: >-> MEBES.net - the /b/ of MyBB <-<
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
10/10 OP
(2011-10-05, 11:06 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]10/10 OP

Thanks mate, that's the first 10/10 I received on the net Blush
I'd also like to take another opportunity to acknowledge the work faviouz put into the site. All the modifications are done by him. He's a great mind.
Bumping for more views Big Grin
Bump for the Love of God.
Best concept ever. I don't like the name of the website though.
You should also put the board statistics back, even if they are simplified.
Also, kill the shoutbox.
Never seen a MyBB forum like this before. And I don't recall seeing many other forums like this either. Not too sure what to make of it, and so I will reserve commenting on your site in general - pro or con.

However, one thing stands out at a glance is the light lime green color should be changed to something that has much better contrast with the light gray background, 2/10. But your use of blue, darker green and red against the same light gray background is excellent, 9/10.

Another thing that stands out is how narrow the forum is compared to > 99% of other sites / forums. But don't know what to think about this pro or con. Some could like it and some not. It does seem quite unique though.
nice concept. I also think you should have more pictures with different expressions Smile
(2011-11-07, 05:06 AM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]Best concept ever. I don't like the name of the website though.
You should also put the board statistics back, even if they are simplified.
Also, kill the shoutbox.

Thank you. I found that transferring and innovating the "idea" (/b/) to MyBB is harder than it looks, but I'm doing my best to provide the same atmosphere alongside MyBB features. The statistics can be found at http://www.mebes.net/stats.php . As for the name, last week we held a $100 contest to see if anybody could suggest a better name and we did find an awesome domain, random.bb (AWESOME), but it costs $200 per year and you need to be a resident of Barbados to be able to buy a .bb suffix domain. The theme is our main concern. This week we weren't able to find a theme designer so right now we're just looking for made-themes. As for the shoutbox, I personally think this is an grand innovation for /b/ because just like an IRC spot this gives users a chance to go even more off topic and develop effective relationships in the comfort of our index page. With more traffic the shoutbox will show its value - same goes for the site in general.
Also, like /b/, we offer a massive amount of exclusive features to registered members such as a forum shop where people are able to buy gift cards, headphones, souvenirs, user customization. Registered members also earn 10 cents per post. We're the only forum to offer this much, Paid to Post forums only offer 3 cents per post.

(2011-11-07, 08:39 PM)akito tenkawa Wrote: [ -> ]nice concept. I also think you should have more pictures with different expressions Smile

We will be adding more later. Right now we're in the middle of improving the set we have and altering some.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Today, we've added an exclusive collection! http://twitter.com/#!/mebesnet/status/13...9362171905
(2011-11-07, 06:26 PM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]Never seen a MyBB forum like this before. And I don't recall seeing many other forums like this either. Not too sure what to make of it, and so I will reserve commenting on your site in general - pro or con.
As a webmaster, you can either improve an idea or create one. In my case, I have created an idea, I am the first of the MyBB community to have constructed and fund such a project. Being the first with an unprecedented idea my idea would obviously be hit with such criticism. In my reply, I'd like to add a famous quote by Benjamin Franklin "time will tell."

(2011-11-07, 06:26 PM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]Another thing that stands out is how narrow the forum is compared to > 99% of other sites / forums. But don't know what to think about this pro or con. Some could like it and some not. It does seem quite unique though.
This is to show the simplicity of the forum. The average character count per post is about 7.62 which means the forum layout doesn't require that long stretch other forum provide.
I could do a theme for you, just let me know your requirements by PM.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5