MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: >-> MEBES.net - the /b/ of MyBB <-<
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
And so I now view your site in a more favorable (and less neutral) light.
(2011-11-10, 12:00 AM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-07, 06:26 PM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]Never seen a MyBB forum like this before. And I don't recall seeing many other forums like this either. Not too sure what to make of it, and so I will reserve commenting on your site in general - pro or con.
As a webmaster, you can either improve an idea or create one. In my case, I have created an idea, I am the first of the MyBB community to have constructed and fund such a project. Being the first with an unprecedented idea my idea would obviously be hit with such criticism. In my reply, I'd like to add a famous quote by Benjamin Franklin "time will tell."

(2011-11-07, 06:26 PM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]Another thing that stands out is how narrow the forum is compared to > 99% of other sites / forums. But don't know what to think about this pro or con. Some could like it and some not. It does seem quite unique though.
This is to show the simplicity of the forum. The average character count per post is about 7.62 which means the forum layout doesn't require that long stretch other forum provide.

(2011-11-10, 05:08 AM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]And so I now view your site in a more favorable (and less neutral) light.

Thank you. Most forum management staff neglect the significance public relations can do for forum brand image. Our key forum staff members investigate ways to source, specifically, brand-building strategies in places such as community.mybb.com. We only have "Mebes - the /b/ of MyBB" to work with which makes our ideas hard to get across sometimes but we try to do our best to inform people of the wonders they can experience on our board (70% of the features are exclusive to registered members only).

Next week we are schedualed to launch a big webmaster development project that should allow administrators and webmaster to use our forum in a very innovative way to boost their traffic and post activity. We are very excited about this and we hope that you (generally speaking) are too (when this project finally rolls-out).

Thanks again.
Wow man, you're so professional. You're right about that PR thing.
(2011-11-11, 03:44 AM)Hoodie Wrote: [ -> ]Wow man, you're so professional. You're right about that PR thing.

Thanks mate.
Is it difficult to setup the same display you have with just a single forum section?
(2011-11-15, 10:30 PM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]Is it difficult to setup the same display you have with just a single forum section?

I've never done it but the concept is easy enough.

It looks like a .htaccess DirectoryIndex to the specified forum, as http://mebes.net/index.php produces the index. The rest is really just editing the forumdisplay templates to your needs.
(2011-11-15, 10:57 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-15, 10:30 PM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]Is it difficult to setup the same display you have with just a single forum section?

I've never done it but the concept is easy enough.

It looks like a .htaccess DirectoryIndex to the specified forum, as http://mebes.net/index.php produces the index. The rest is really just editing the forumdisplay templates to your needs.

PMed you about this.
Just checked this out a little more extensively than I did at first. Cool idea you've got going on, here. Impressed with what you could do to emulate the image board setup with MyBB. Good luck to you, I may register sometime.
but they use iframes on the resource page!
(2011-11-17, 04:21 AM)Cjanz Wrote: [ -> ]Just checked this out a little more extensively than I did at first. Cool idea you've got going on, here. Impressed with what you could do to emulate the image board setup with MyBB. Good luck to you, I may register sometime.

We're only interested in "active" members who will be more likely to come back everyday.
Registering open up 70% of the site not seen to guests.
Our http://www.resource.mebes.net section contains over 4,600 images!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5