MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Malicious code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What's about your browser? And, did you scan your machine?

URL?

The guy here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-105770-...71216.html is having similar issues and his templates appear to be altered in several places outside the original exploit
Just as a side note, I noticed that my config.php was also changed to 444 but all of the others are 644. I changed the config.php file to 644. Not sure how the permissions got changed on that file.

Luckily I'm not having template issues. Of course, if someone is having template issues, that means that whomever changed that code also has access to the database, which is way more severe than what I was dealing with.
(2011-10-13, 02:50 PM)moze229 Wrote: [ -> ]Just as a side note, I noticed that my config.php was also changed to 444 but all of the others are 644. I changed the config.php file to 644. Not sure how the permissions got changed on that file.

444 permission is better than 644.
(2011-10-13, 02:50 PM)moze229 Wrote: [ -> ]Luckily I'm not having template issues. Of course, if someone is having template issues, that means that whomever changed that code also has access to the database, which is way more severe than what I was dealing with.

Lucky is not right word to say and rest. you need to chechk files from mybb admin folder and also you need to compare files of mybb to your file.

Pages: 1 2 3 4