MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is Cloud Flare ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2011-10-22, 11:34 PM)Hay_Den Wrote: [ -> ]The only problem I encounter with cloudflare, is that..sometimes it displays offline page to me. Even if my server is alive.

"The only problem I encounter with cloudflare, is that..sometimes it displays offline page to me. Even if my server is alive. "

This means that the host or server has rules blocking connection attempts from our IPs.

Note: If you're seeing this in the admin section of your site, however, this is generally caused by something creating a long request. Temporarily deactivating CloudFlare (settings->deactivate) is one workaround right now & we're working on an option to exclude CloudFlare from certain urls on your sites.

(2011-10-22, 11:06 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]okay thanks, Can any one tell me details for configuring ? how to configure it correctly so that I don't get any error on a running forum?

I have a number of tips for CloudFlare and forums here.

(2011-10-22, 01:39 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]I've signup for cloud flare. Added my site, Its http://vubcs.tk/forum
Now, I want to know as the name servers has been changed to cloud flare. But I am not finding any settings, like ftp, Disk space etc (C-panel)

You actually have to access ftp and cpanel a little differently now.

(2011-10-22, 01:44 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]and for how long we can use it with a free account?

'and for how long we can use it with a free account?"

CloudFlare's plans include always offering a free service.

(2011-10-22, 05:46 PM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]I have issues with CloudFlare and MyBB with the caching of thread stats like Latest Post, which leads to people thinking their posts have disappeared.

I've set the cache level to Basic on CF but to no avail. Anyone got a hint?

This seems odd. Do you have an example? I'm only asking because we only cache certain file extensions.

You can see some strange behavior, however, if you don't have the mod to restore original visitor IP to your server logs (my hunch is this might be the issue).

(2011-10-23, 12:00 AM)Hay_Den Wrote: [ -> ]I have already added their range of IP to the white list in my server..
But still, encountering the issue..

Have you checked with your host to see if they are limiting our ips in any way?
(2011-10-22, 05:51 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]*waits for damon to appear*

win
(2011-10-24, 09:09 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-22, 05:51 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]*waits for damon to appear*

win

Probably one of the few times someone would say that me appearing anywhere is a win ;-)

Well it's great when you appear because it's so predictable - mention CloudFlare and problems in a post and poof you're there Toungue
Oh, the last thing I want to be is predictable ;-) You would find that out in real life, if we ever met ;-)
(2011-10-25, 05:28 AM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, the last thing I want to be is predictable ;-) You would find that out in real life, if we ever met ;-)

Just a couple of quick notes for CloudFlare users:

We've added some new CloudFlare ips recently & you want to make sure you have these whitelisted with your hosting provider/server.

CloudFlare has also made a faster and cheaper CloudFlare SSL option for customers that need SSL.

CloudFlare is such a flop, with near 100 people on the website constantly, I used CF to reduce the CPU usage, it overloaded it, my website was as buggy as my grandma. Whenever I was logging to my cPanel, it was showing a red bar to tell me that I'm overusing the CPU.

If you make any updates in your files (css, images...) DON'T expect to see those changes anytime sooner (I was always exporting themes and then re-importing them to make them work)...

Your cPanel can no more be accessible via the 2082 port, you have to find your way to log on your cPanel...

Anyway, No more CloudFlares... Smile
(2011-11-09, 03:09 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]CloudFlare is such a flop, with near 100 people on the website constantly, I used CF to reduce the CPU usage, it overloaded it, my website was as buggy as my grandma. Whenever I was logging to my cPanel, it was showing a red bar to tell me that I'm overusing the CPU.

If you make any updates in your files (css, images...) DON'T expect to see those changes anytime sooner (I was always exporting themes and then re-importing them to make them work)...

Your cPanel can no more be accessible via the 2082 port, you have to find your way to log on your cPanel...

Anyway, No more CloudFlares... Smile

Hi,

We wouldn't create any request that would overload your server or cpanel. Do you have more details? Was your hosting provider limiting based on requests? If you don't have the MYBB or mod_cloudflare option installed, then they might throttle based on IP.

"my website was [b]as buggy as my grandma"
What was buggy outside of that? The only two features we have that could create bugs are Auto Minify and Rocket Loader (beta features). These both can be turned off & what they can impact is basically like this:

Rocket Loader: JavaScript
Auto Minify: Generally just Javascript and CSS

"If you make any updates in your files (css, images...) DON'T expect to see those changes anytime sooner (I was always exporting themes and then re-importing them to make them work)..."

You have to go to Development Mode before making changes to the static content on your site (settings->CloudFlare settings->Development Mode). This will bypass our cache so your changes appear immediately & you can also purge your cache as another option (setting is on the same page).

CloudFlare and accessing cPanel is pretty easy to address.

I also wanted to highlight that CloudFlare has made a number of changes to CloudFlare's SSL process in the past week to make things faster, easier & cheaper (more changes on the way).
Ok thank you all
Just a quick note to the CloudFlare MyBB users that we will be broadcasting over new CloudFlare IP addresses very soon. Please make sure that these IP addresses are whitelisted with your hosting provider & server. The CloudFlare IP addresses: https://www.cloudflare.com/ips
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5