MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is Cloud Flare ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
It also protects you from hackers
(2011-11-25, 07:56 PM)John J. Wrote: [ -> ]It also protects you from hackers

To an extent. Honestly the thing that will protected you from hackers the most is common sense.
(2011-11-25, 07:59 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]

To an extent. Honestly the thing that will protected you from hackers the most is common sense.

Yuh Think

We will most certainly add another line of defense to your site. That being said, we would still recommend having other measures in place to protect your site.

(2011-11-25, 11:38 PM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]

We will most certainly add another line of defense to your site. That being said, we would still recommend having other measures in place to protect your site.

Hi Damon..

Somewhere this week i 'll sign up for the pro-plan (already signed up for an account) because i need the SSL-feature.

My forum is available both SSL and Non-SSL (see my sig) Will this be a problem?
They recently had a blog post about SSL and their services Wink.
(2011-11-26, 06:16 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]They recently had a blog post about SSL and their services Wink.

Yeah but the blogpost is only talking about subdomains. I don't want a SSL subdomain. The top level domain should be available both secure and non-secure.
(2011-11-26, 05:52 AM)Disturbed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-25, 11:38 PM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Damon..

Somewhere this week i 'll sign up for the pro-plan (already signed up for an account) because i need the SSL-feature.

My forum is available both SSL and Non-SSL (see my sig) Will this be a problem?

Hi,

Won't be a problem at all once you get our SSL (will work with non and https://). You would want to choose the *full* option in your case, since you already have your own certificate.

Can i use agressive cache under a forum? Because i dont know that from w3 total cache from wordpress or cloudflare but my forum before creates some static page, i need to reload to see the fresh content, anyone that uses cloudflare with this problem?

Or is w3 total cache from wordpress that is creating this content.

W3 is installed under the root domain, forum is under a forum folder under the subdomain http://forum.mydomain.com
(2011-11-27, 10:51 PM)GhostMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Can i use agressive cache under a forum? Because i dont know that from w3 total cache from wordpress or cloudflare but my forum before creates some static page, i need to reload to see the fresh content, anyone that uses cloudflare with this problem?

Or is w3 total cache from wordpress that is creating this content.

W3 is installed under the root domain, forum is under a forum folder under the subdomain http://forum.mydomain.com

Hi,

Aggressive caching should be fine. If you're making changes to the static content, however, you need to go to Development Mode first in your CloudFlare settings so the changes appear immediately (this bypasses our cache while you're making changes to the static content on your site).

Some helpful tips:
Tips for new CloudFlare users
Troubleshooting CloudFlare problems
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5