MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Let's talk AdSense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Does Adsense generate advertisements based on key words found on your site, in our case, the posts made on the forum?
(2011-11-02, 10:40 PM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]Does Adsense generate advertisements based on key words found on your site, in our case, the posts made on the forum?

I believe it has to do with what they search on google actually.
Yeah, it's based off of your recent searches on google. For example, I bought some DC skate shoes last week, searching for "dc high top skate shoes uk" in google. I found the site I liked and bought them. Ever since, nearly every site I've been on has banners from various shoe companies in the uk (mainly routeone.com).

However, it does take content into consideration. Inside of these ads, it's shows images of the shoes I recently looked at over at routeone Toungue
I usually get ads for cars such as new Volkswagen ads o.0

Also, if the same IP clicks more than once on an Adsense ad (during a days period) will the other clicks count?
(2011-11-02, 11:55 PM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]I usually get ads for cars such as new Volkswagen ads o.0

Also, if the same IP clicks more than once on an Adsense ad (during a days period) will the other clicks count?

I believe yes.

Read this one: http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/...ublishers/
Publish good and original content.
I have one question,
is it usual to get low CPC and CTR at the beginning of each month??
Forums historically have low CTRs. It really depends on your traffic, where you ads are placed, etc..
(2011-11-03, 12:51 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Forums historically have low CTRs. It really depends on your traffic, where you ads are placed, etc..

Agreed, but the Cost Per Click since November 1st is ridiculous lol...
Doesn't it start over counting at the beginning of each month? I recall it not being a rolling count, but rather literally being "this month."
Pages: 1 2 3 4