MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do I need cPanel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi, I've been thinking about getting a VPS without cPanel because with it I cannot afford it. Do I need cPanel to run my websites? Would anyone be generous enough to help me set it up?

Stats (if it matters):
Quote:CPU: 3 Ghz Dedicated CPU
RAM: 2 GB Dedicated Memory
HD: 100 GB Hard Drive Space
BW: 3000 GB Transfer Per Month
IP: 2 Public IP Address
Try kloxo. Its free and good enough like Cpanel.
(2011-10-26, 02:35 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Try kloxo. Its free and good enough like Cpanel.

I've tried it before. I hated it.
Or Webmin. What's your budget?
(2011-10-26, 02:37 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Or Webmin. What's your budget?

$0. I'd prefer if I didn't have to pay anything. I'm wondering if I basically need a cPanel at all.
No you do not. But, you'll have to learn a lot Toungue. I mean it's honestly not hard to get a basic LAMP set up but cPanel brings a lot with it (which is why it requires so many resources). I would recommend picking up an Apache book (assuming that's what you go with). That will help you get a good start and most will help with setting up php as well.
It really depends on how much you know, but based on your question, it seems that you currently need the UI. If you're willing to learn pick up a book on Linux (assuming your OS choice would be a Linux based distro). In addition, pick up what Alex recommended, you should be on your way with those things in hand. Smile

All the best,
Imad Jomaa.

y
Get Webmin.

Your fine.
Webmin should suffice.
(2011-10-26, 03:46 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Get Webmin.

Your fine.

(2011-10-26, 03:51 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Webmin should suffice.

Webmin seems to be a vps management software. Correct?
Pages: 1 2 3 4