MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activity feed like in vanilla
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
i saw vanilla and liked activity feed so much,also it has nice notification system.
can we have some thing like that
Any screenshot or demo?
(2011-11-02, 11:52 AM)carrow Wrote: [ -> ]like this ?
http://vanillaforums.org/discussions

I think he means this.
http://vanillaforums.org/activity
I do not understand the purpose of something like this as default/core.
its not only activity,its like a status update and a profile comments,all in one.
there is no need for plugins when this feature is a core.
vanilla handles this with such ease,i want this to mybb 2.0
it has also a notification system
it has a nice profile too......
i request developers to take a look at it.
(2011-11-02, 04:29 PM)adityapavan Wrote: [ -> ]its not only activity,its like a status update and a profile comments,all in one.
there is no need for plugins when this feature is a core.
vanilla handles this with such ease,i want this to mybb 2.0
it has also a notification system
it has a nice profile too......
i request developers to take a look at it.
For a core feature it would add a massive unnecessary overhead for forums. This is the problem vbulletin had. They added so many features as core features, everyone had dozens of features they didn't need or use. But they were all loaded anyway. This would be far better as a plugin.
Plugin will have bugs in it,so a core gives a stable platform for all these.
If we go on saying all features will be in plugins there would be nothing much core left!!!!!!
plugins carry hooks and so if any wrong hook result in database errors.

May be VB is bloated,but all or 99% VB forums are really successful,they give bunch of options from which you select what you need,and i personally think VB is right,in giving out many options.

We atleast want to compete with our opensource friends,like phpbb/smf,where "NEW" sutra works...which mean you give new feature and many use it !!!!!!!

Anyways
Take a look at demo forum made by my friend : www.mimssspace.unlimitedtee.com
login with : username : test
password : password
(2011-11-03, 02:08 AM)adityapavan Wrote: [ -> ]Plugin will have bugs in it,so a core gives a stable platform for all these.
If we go on saying all features will be in plugins there would be nothing much core left!!!!!!
plugins carry hooks and so if any wrong hook result in database errors.

May be VB is bloated,but all or 99% VB forums are really successful,they give bunch of options from which you select what you need,and i personally think VB is right,in giving out many options.

We atleast want to compete with our opensource friends,like phpbb/smf,where "NEW" sutra works...which mean you give new feature and many use it !!!!!!!

Anyways
Take a look at demo forum made by my friend : www.mimssspace.unlimitedtee.com
login with : username : test
password : password

Plugins won't have bugs if they are done by people who know coding properly. Tom is right, this will add unnecessary load to the system. Smile
i dont think there would be much load when it is default,only plugins make load high i suppose ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4