MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New to MyBB and having some trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, I would like to first start off by saying that I have almost no experience with web design or coding, or anything like that, and when I decided to create my own website, a friend suggested I use MyBB as it was simple, and so far it has been. However I am having a problem, only 4 people have registered (including me) on my site so far, yet today (after 2 people had registered) another person, from a completely different geological region then the others, got the message " We cannot process your registration because there has already been 2 new registration(s) from your ip address in the past 24 hours. Please try again later.".

How can I fix this problem? I want more than 2 people to be able to register within the same day! Also, im using MyBB 1.6.4 Thanks for anyone who can help Smile

Link to my forum http://fogaming.com/forum/
admin panel --> configuration --> settings --> User Registration and Profile Options -->
Maximum Registrations Per IP Address <-- make it 4 OR 5 AND save the settings

however take care that spammers do not get an easy path for spamming in your forum
(2011-11-25, 02:14 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]admin panel --> configuration --> settings --> User Registration and Profile Options -->
Maximum Registrations Per IP Address <-- make it 4 OR 5 AND save the settings

however take care that spammers do not get an easy path for spamming in your forum

That is a temporary fix, however i don't understand why i am having this problem. Each of the people registering are from different parts of the U.S. so their IP's are very different. Why are they getting this message?
it should be a permanent fix ; AND if you have correct files then it should be working without any issue

you may like to verify your files : admin panel --> tools & maintenance --> file verification
(2011-11-25, 02:34 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]it should be a permanent fix ; AND if you have correct files then it should be working without any issue

you may like to verify your files : admin panel --> tools & maintenance --> file verification

Well, the problem is that it is saying all of these people have the same IP, but they don't. So I have to keep increasing the amount of accounts allowed per IP address to allow people to register.

And it said that none of the files were corrupt.
^ may be someone experienced has to check the issue with required temporary privileges for a couple of days !!
(2011-11-25, 02:41 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ may be someone experienced has to check the issue with required temporary privileges for a couple of days !!
What do you mean?
(2011-11-25, 02:39 AM)Flat Out Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the problem is that it is saying all of these people have the same IP, but they don't. So I have to keep increasing the amount of accounts allowed per IP address to allow people to register.

And it said that none of the files were corrupt.

It is possible that your server is incorrectly configured such that Apache (or whatever web server is running) isn't correctly identifying originating IP addresses, or there might be some other reason related to the server architecture/software.

Can you check the users you have registered and see what their IP addresses are? Don't post the addresses, but are they all the same by any chance (and if so what is the first octet)?
(2011-11-25, 02:45 AM)Flat Out Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean?

He means perhaps one of the support staff here might need temporary admin access to try and help solve the issue.

Don't post any details, I am sure if someone needs this information they will ask you to message them or some such (and in case some random tries this, make sure it's a support team member!).

if someone comes forward to help, give temporary admin privileges, ftp access ; allow to add a
couple of plug-ins AND let him find the cause for the issue & fix it ... it might take 2 - 3 days ...

Ok I just checked and it is saying that they all have the same IP address, if anyone can help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I am having a problem with logging in. Sometimes when you log in, it says your still not logged in, and then you have to reload the page for it to say your logged in, and then sometimes it still doesn't work (this is happening for all members).
Pages: 1 2 3 4