MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Custom Hacker Themeq
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Need a custom theme that looks like some of these sites:
hackforums.net
ubers.org
So you want a site like HF with a theme like HF. Not exactly a winning plan to be honest. It's been tried over and over and over again. Without originality your project is doomed to fail.
And let's not forget, HF's theme would have been a modern design when its started.
But now there are more modern design for MyBB. HF haven't changed the design as people get used to it, and no one would want HF to lose its current theme. But if you start a Forum with a theme like that, that would be a bad idea.

And unless you are original, your site can't succeed. Copying HF and ubers are what people do normally, and 100% of the site started like that had failed.
The most important thing is to find a good color scheme, everything from there is straight forward.
(2011-12-18, 02:27 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]So you want a site like HF with a theme like HF. Not exactly a winning plan to be honest. It's been tried over and over and over again. Without originality your project is doomed to fail.
Yeah basicly, I'll need something like HF but still different since I don't want to have a forum like HF. And by the way, I have seen your theme leaked on various sites. What shall I do?
(2011-12-18, 08:12 AM)Xawry Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-18, 02:27 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]So you want a site like HF with a theme like HF. Not exactly a winning plan to be honest. It's been tried over and over and over again. Without originality your project is doomed to fail.
Yeah basicly, I'll need something like HF but still different since I don't want to have a forum like HF. And by the way, I have seen your theme leaked on various sites. What shall I do?

Maybe his theme is leaked. But you can't use it, as he can sue you if you use it.
No, you cannot rip or use same themes exactly like UB or HF. As Labrocca said, I've same point of view. His theme or my theme could be leaked, but using that or doing so will only lead to DMCA take-downs.

Why not you yourself think something original? If you start a community, and people see it, the first word would be a RIP of HF or UB's theme and that is where your reputation falls, create something unique, there are a lot of talented designers here who can create a lot more better themes than one I created for UB.

I created using the default MyBB theme keeping layout default because since very start, I don't like very advance themes, but clean looking elegant and less template edits.

You can get your own custom made rather than following any other.
More likely he'll send a DMCA rather then suing him.. There is a lot of money involved when suing someone.
(2011-12-18, 08:15 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-18, 08:12 AM)Xawry Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe his theme is leaked. But you can't use it, as he can sue you if you use it.

(2011-12-18, 06:43 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]More likely he'll send a DMCA rather then suing him.. There is a lot of money involved when suing someone.
Exactly, that is what I do. Just took down one more site today.

(2011-12-18, 08:32 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Why not you yourself think something original? If you start a community, and people see it, the first word would be a RIP of HF or UB's theme and that is where your reputation falls, create something unique, there are a lot of talented designers here who can create a lot more better themes than one I created for UB.

Funny coming from a guy who conceptually borrowed everything from HF. If you believed in creating something unique you would have done so yourself.
Pages: 1 2 3