MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: List of Spam Prevention Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
StopForumSpammers is one of the best plugins to be honest, I installed it on December the 30th, the log file has already 1185 logs / registration failures...

I just imagine if all these spambots could register, my board would be a mess.
I was thinking that spambots aren't visiting my website anymore since I installed the Reg. Security Question but apparently I was totally wrong...

Now I know that large boards are really more targeted by spammers and more exposed to danger.
(2012-01-09, 08:19 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]StopForumSpammers is one of the best plugins to be honest, I installed it on December the 30th, the log file has already 1185 logs / registration failures...

I just imagine if all these spambots could register, my board would be a mess.
I was thinking that spambots aren't visiting my website anymore since I installed the Reg. Security Question but apparently I was totally wrong...

Now I know that large boards are really more targeted by spammers and more exposed to danger.

I had the same experience too. I questioned whether the log was legit or not. And I have a very small board.
I have 2 MyBB Boards to maintain. In both I have installed StopForumSpam. In MyBB version 1.6.1 it works like a charm. Since I installed it several months ago I hardly had any spam registrations. On the other board I run MyBB version 1.6.4 and it does not seem to work with that version. In the log it keeps telling me that Stopforumspam.com could not be reached. So in my spare evening hours I still have to block IP addresses, mailaddresses, usernames, etc. to try to reduce the Spam registrations. I'd rather do something else in my spare evening time then cleaning that spam registration crap i must say.

Is this StopForumSpam plugin going to be updated to be used with MyBB Version 1.6.4 and 1.6.5? I am not going to upgrade the MyBB 1.6.1 board as I won't even get any sleep anymore...and I don't think my boss would like it to much if I sleep during office hours. ;-)

I registered at fassim antispam but never got a reply so I could install that plugin so I could try that anti spam plugin in MyBB 1.6.4.

Any help on how to get the StopForumSpam plugin working in MyBB 1.6.4 or 1.6.5 would be very much appreciated.
(2012-01-24, 12:26 AM)Dolfijntje33 Wrote: [ -> ]I registered at fassim antispam but never got a reply so I could install that plugin so I could try that anti spam plugin in MyBB 1.6.4.

We've sent all the keys out. The biggest problem that I'm finding out is that people are not typing in their email correctly, I get a lot of returns when I send out the keys. Send me a private message and I'll get you a key.
You have forgotten the great plugin to prevent bad bots, spammers and others bad-boys Big Grin Bad Behavior: http://mods.mybb.com/view/bad-behavior

Please add to list in the firt post.
All right, looks good. Added.
My "Register Time" plugin added Wink
Register time is one of the best spam prevention plugin by far imho.
(2012-11-06, 05:05 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Add this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-128836.html . Wink
Still pending.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5