MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: List of Spam Prevention Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
^Added.
These security plugins have helped me so much. Thank you for the list.
Vouch for Register Time. The BEST anti-spam plugin you can literally have. I've advertised my forum on a big forum and was expecting spammers: 1. This guy had to register manually too.
(2013-02-19, 08:56 AM)Geret Wrote: [ -> ]Vouch for Register Time. The BEST anti-spam plugin you can literally have. I've advertised my forum on a big forum and was expecting spammers: 1. This guy had to register manually too.

You'll be happy to know it's a core feature in 1.8.
Thanks for these - installed a few; these spammers are driving me nuts.
(2013-02-19, 09:17 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-19, 08:56 AM)Geret Wrote: [ -> ]Vouch for Register Time. The BEST anti-spam plugin you can literally have. I've advertised my forum on a big forum and was expecting spammers: 1. This guy had to register manually too.

You'll be happy to know it's a core feature in 1.8.

Thats good to know, i'm guessing it's not implemented in the alpha yet as i can't seem to find a setting for it.
Yes, it is. It should be somewhere under the user registration & profile options.
ok thanks found it now, its right at the botom of the page.
On behalf of all super-noob forum operators, I thank you for this list and for this thread in general.

Can someone please try to break it down for me a little more though? Are some of these better than others? How should I choose which to use and install (as some seem to do the same thing)? Should I install all of them? One from each category?

Does myBB endorse a "best practices" of any kind with respect to these plugins, or are we just on our own here?

And why isn't akismet on this list? It was automatically included in the MyBB download. Does that mean it is "official" or endorsed by MyBB? Why no mention of it here? Should I avoid?

Sorry for the pile of questions -- just really trying to understand how to best combat spam! Thanks in advance!
guy where to find support for this mod ?
i just install 2 mod, 1. Register time 2. Random Question.

but spam registration still coming, when i check random question static, basically none of any question use ....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5