MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trashcan/softdelete
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is there any chance this could be added to a future release as it is very important and alot of software such as smf and ipb have it build in by default.
So i would like to see a trashcan forum or a way to soft delete added as standard so you can delete but not remove a topic and it can be restored at a later date.
I'm currrently using the plugin but would still like to see it as a core feature either in a later 1.6 release or certainly in 2.0
It definitely won't be in 1.6's core. It's too big of a feature to add midway through a major version when we need to fix bugs and more important things to update (such as javascript or moderation).
As for as i was aware deleting posts was moderation, unless you mean moderation in a different way.
Just hope the plugin will work with 1.6.5 as it has not be updated since 1.4 I may have to do a test install.
Ahh, meant to say thread counters from moderation. They get screwed up in some occasions.
Soft delete can be done by unapproving a post?
(2012-01-10, 01:36 PM)USAF Wrote: [ -> ]Soft delete can be done by unapproving a post?

I think the OP is talking about making something like the trashcan plugin a core feature of mybb. I like that plugin myself, but what it does is move deleted threads/posts to a specific forum designated for "trash".
Or like vBulletin with a "deleted = 1" field (deleted thread are only visible by admins or moderators)?
Or just unapprove the post? Does exactly the same thing... Why add seperate functionality that does an identical thing..?
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=280
Something which does exactly what that does as core would be perfect.
What would be the difference between soft delete and and the current unapprove?

You can already create a trash can forum and use a custom Moderator Tool to "delete" to that forum?
Pages: 1 2 3