MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Major Site Problem Please Help ASAP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am having a major issue with an up and coming website which is growing well and last night out of the blue the whole site has gone down.

I have contacted my hosting and they have told me its not a hosting problems because when they call site images they load fine so it must be the forum software itself.

Can anyone please help me here or any mybb staff please.
I can give you any details needed to look into this if you need to take control of my site to view things.

My website address is www.wirraltalk.co.uk
I really hope someone can sort this for me because i am panicking at the moment i am going to lose everything after all my hard work of advertising locally.
My host also said that it looks from spending over an hour checking the logs, the site is timing out calling a remote component.
You haven't really told us much.

Any recent plugins? Try to upgrade recently? What can you access, anything? Files still there when you look via FTP? Didn't have any vulnerable plugins, (fb connect?), anyone with access to your site?
No recent plugins, it is fully upgraded when the last upgrade came out, cannot access anything like i say above apart from images i load.

Yes all files are there on FTP, and no nobody has access apart from me.
Just everything was running fine and posting well and then it went off in the early hours.
It's back up? Could be your host...
most probably the php execution is corrupt AND your webhost has to check it ...
Yep it has just come back on the host is saying they haven't touched anything yet and asking if with this MYBB software if there is anything externally hosted, does anyone know if it is or not?

They also said:
The only explanation for that kind of behaviour is a component in the site accessing something externally When that external resource is down, the site will time out trying to reach it so will never load
^ appears to be fixed now ..
maybe your IP was blocked for a short while.

i have had occasions when i was blocked from my own site for too many FTP logins.
My hosting are still saying it will be something to do with externally hosted material.
Do you know if there is anything external with MYBB or could something external be an add on?
^ myBB itself doesn't use any external scripts !!
if you are using add-ons from this community OR reputed external sites then they also do not affect myBB loading
Pages: 1 2 3