MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Security — MyBB Security & Support Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: logo_dark.png]

MyBB Security is a forum dedicated to keeping your forum safe from spammers and hackers as well as keeping you up to date on the latest MyBB security news, plugins, and tutorials. Run by SQA Team member Nathan Malcolm and I, you know you're getting the best.

MyBB Security will provide support for how to recover hacked forums, lost passwords, or anything else related to securing MyBB (as long as your forum complies with MyBB's Support Eligibility Policy Wink).

MyBB Security has sections for discussing security, posting tutorials and user-made plugins for security as well. There is also an area for official MyBB Security plugins created my Nathan and myself, two of which have already been released, "Admin Login Email" and "Mod CP Password".

Why are you still browsing this thread? Head over to http://www.mybbsecurity.net today!
Already there. I think the theme could use a little work in some areas, but it's a nice site overall. I wish you and Nathan luck with it Smile
Thanks euantor. We have much planned for the future, providing we attract a large enough community. Wink
No offense please but I'm slightly confused;

- You guys are not offering support for forums other then those which meet Support Eligibility policy. If its the case then I don't think its a need for a "separate" site. You can publish your threads/plugins etc. here rather then to post on your site. Like me that I'm giving support for those forums (who do not meet Support Eligibility of mybb.com) as well on my website just to allow those denied users a room to ask their questions freely. Although I know and I'm aware of the facts that lead you to bring this policy. But I think I should not be rude while giving support for my products.

And Yes, I do not give support on this site for those mentioned sites. Nor I PM them to ask their questions on my site. I obey the rules of this website.

- But if your site brings some unique things and you think you should have a separate site to dedicate entirely for this project (security wise) then its more then welcome.

Nathan, if you feel this like disgusting then feel free to delete my post. Toungue
(2012-02-04, 09:25 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Nathan, if you feel this like disgusting then feel free to delete my post. Toungue

You're free to your own opinion. I have no objection to that. Smile

The main topic of the site is MyBB security, a place which focuses mainly on that. It's not supposed to be an extension of this forum. The reason for having people be eligible for support here to receive support there is simply because we believe the policy is morally right.

I think that in this case you should forget that we are staff members and think of us as MyBB fans who want to provide support to people in our own way. That's not to say we're going to stop proving support to users here, but we'll just be providing support at MyBB Security too.

Even if we didn't follow the MyBB support eligibility policy, we'd write one up which would be 99% the same as that's what I personally believe is morally correct.

If the above doesn't make sense it's because I'm tired. Toungue
Brilliant! Wish you a lot of success ahead =)
I like the site. I'll probably lurk there from time to time.
Registered now. I agree about the theme. The colors should continue down, instead of turning to a plain, solid color.
Great site. Good luck. Smile

The theme doesn't fit for a support community though. Its too dark/colorful for it.
Nice site, but I still suggest to provide the support to a certain extent to those who are denied support here, though its up to you both.

Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3