MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SupremeModz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
its ok.
yes, its 'ok'
Yes, just repeat what other people say for post counts ...
(2012-02-20, 10:04 AM)AlliedManiac Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-17, 09:12 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-17, 09:07 PM)AlliedManiac Wrote: [ -> ]No, im not going to hire a developer.. its a forum not a business..

Heh, you'd be surprised at how much websites can actually pull in with online revenue. Labrocca's a huge example.

Even if you're not treating it as a business, hiring some Developers for certain work that you can't do yourself isn't a bad thing either.

You're running a forum as a hobby, and like any other hobby, it has its own costs.

But of course, to each their own. You can learn yourself too, by searching this forum or googling for the solutions you need.

You can also pick up some programming books or enroll in some classes.

Well i have made like $60 out of it by donations but its still just a hobby and something to keep me busy.
If you've been given $60, and that $60 is given under donate for the site, then you should put it to use for the site. New banner, new theme, all that stuff. Hosting, too. Really, you ask for donations because it's all coming out of the administrator's pocket, and you say that none of the money will be used for personal gain (to cover expenses). So, if you keep the money, then that is stealing, technically. It's called "embezzling money". Here, let me quote your donation page:
SupremeModz Donations Wrote:Want to show how much you care about our forum? With web hosting, domain, and advertising costs, it's expensive to keep our forum up and running. Currently, all of the expensive come right out of the administrator's pocket. That's why we now offer a method for you to donate and help us stay online!

While the suggested donation is $10, we will be thankful for ALL donations, big and small. 100% of donations will be used for our forums, and NONE of it will be used for personal expenses. To get started, simply enter an amount below and click Donate.

(2012-02-20, 05:53 AM)SpiritRocks Wrote: [ -> ]its to cluttered, try and organize it better? the logo is complete crap, get someone to make it.

This is positive feedback? i think not, i dont care about the logo...
It doesn't have to be positive feedback. He's right, too. The logo's not that great. As I said earlier, use the $60 you were donated to get a better theme and banner. Tell the users thanks for the donations, and that their money was used to get them the new look. Put the rest in reserve for later.
(2012-02-20, 03:19 AM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-19, 09:23 AM)AlliedManiac Wrote: [ -> ]you obviously have not read what other people have said.. but last time i checked.. showcase meant a display exhibit so therefor basically saying 'showing off your forum' which also means advertising so it may say that above the forums but i go by the title of the section rather than what it says in the rules box.

Its like making a section called 'Show off your forum' then in a rules box say 'no advertising'.. you just don't do it.
That's fortunately not how anything works..
When you see Target stores, do you automatically assume all they sell are "targets"?

Your logic baffles me and I don't understand how no one mentions this..

That said, how is your forum different from any other Xbox, Call of Duty, "Modding" forum? How is this any different then http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/ ? The official Xbox/PlayStation forums?
?? That's just like saying how are http://fanticmodz.com or http://recklessmodz.com or how http://hacked.pro is different from http://hackforums.net or maybe http://moddedgame.com or http://moddedgear.com or maybe http://generalmodding.com..

so yeah, your question has just failed..

You know what your 'feedback' is useless and just wasting time and most likely just trying to get yourself posts so stop replying for your own sake.
FanaticModz or RecklessModz are different from HackForums because HF is a business, the largest MyBB Forum, possibly the largest forum (but I'm not sure), the largest above-ground hacking community, millions of posts, and Fanatic or Reckless aren't. Those two are not different from the others you mentioned. That's the point. This is an over-done niche, I think. And no, his question did not "just fail".

Now, my two cents: you need a better logo, yours is flat and boring. You need a better theme, it hurts my eyes even on the lowest light settings. You need less forums. It has too many to efficiently post anything, or really even understand what I'm looking at. Someone earlier suggested that you have three to five forums for genres, and then an "other games". That's a quality idea, and you really should do that, IMO. Sure, it'll take some time to move all the stuff, but I did it with my forum a while ago, and it was worth it. You should also get a web designer to help you, or hire one. It is a very good investment in the long run. I should know, when I was a complete newbie, my other Admin gave me my site for free, and coached me through the set-up process and all that. Besides which, you should learn the basics of web design/etc., even if it is only HTML. That's how I started. One more thing: hyperlink your banner to the index. It's a pain to click the button each time.
You know.. i have better things to spend money on.. like friends and family.. i'm not going to waste money on a 'forum'.

HF has the worst reviews so it may have millions of posts whoaaaaa... but i don't care.

Also HF and hacked.pro are the same genre and hacked.pro looks alot better and is nicer community.

FanaticModz and reckless modz are the same and thetechgame and s7 are the same.. modding/genre is flooded with forums but yet still has more attention than any other..

Anyway, i have decided to change it to a hosting forum as modding is boring Toungue

I should say thanks to you all but you all just nagged and moaned about log's and themes when i tried my best but you just ruin hopes like bunch of ****'s.

Thanks for MyBB software the developers & such..

Thanks for nice comments whoever posted one..

Anyone want to buy either of these domains?

gamer-freakz.com
suprememodz.net
creativemodding.com

Smile
(2012-02-20, 01:52 PM)AlliedManiac Wrote: [ -> ]You know.. i have better things to spend money on.. like friends and family.. i'm not going to waste money on a 'forum'.

HF has the worst reviews so it may have millions of posts whoaaaaa... but i don't care.

Also HF and hacked.pro are the same genre and hacked.pro looks alot better and is nicer community.

FanaticModz and reckless modz are the same and thetechgame and s7 are the same.. modding/genre is flooded with forums but yet still has more attention than any other..

Anyway, i have decided to change it to a hosting forum as modding is boring Toungue

I should say thanks to you all but you all just nagged and moaned about log's and themes when i tried my best but you just ruin hopes like bunch of ****'s.

gamer-freakz.com
suprememodz.net
creativemodding.com

Smile

So it's a waste of money? Then why did you even start one?

HF may have thousands of bad reviews, but it also has tens-of-thousands of good reviews. Just saying.

Anyway, you're quitting your website just because of some bad reviews? Really? Why not tough out the bad reviews, actually make the suggested changes, and come out with a better website, and a happier community? It's better for you, and for your community, to keep going. What will you tell them? "Oh, hey, I'm done with this website, and I'm keeping the donations I said would go to the site"?

And, how do we "ruin hopes"? We give feedback, which is what this section of MyBB is meant to do. It's kind of sad that, today, in the age of technology and the ability to get what we want out to people, people won't actually put effort into a hobby. Yu-Gi-Oh! players don't get good and win by buying five packs and just playing. The same is true with Pokemon, languages (Latin, Spanish, German, etc.), and computers. Anything you want to do, and do right, will take time, effort, and money. It's always been that way. You can't just press a button and own Apple Computers.[/soliloquy]
(2012-02-20, 02:26 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-20, 01:52 PM)AlliedManiac Wrote: [ -> ]You know.. i have better things to spend money on.. like friends and family.. i'm not going to waste money on a 'forum'.

gamer-freakz.com
suprememodz.net
creativemodding.com

Smile

So it's a waste of money? Then why did you even start one?

HF may have thousands of bad reviews, but it also has tens-of-thousands of good reviews. Just saying.

Anyway, you're quitting your website just because of some bad reviews? Really? Why not tough out the bad reviews, actually make the suggested changes, and come out with a better website, and a happier community? It's better for you, and for your community, to keep going. What will you tell them? "Oh, hey, I'm done with this website, and I'm keeping the donations I said would go to the site"?

And, how do we "ruin hopes"? We give feedback, which is what this section of MyBB is meant to do. It's kind of sad that, today, in the age of technology and the ability to get what we want out to people, people won't actually put effort into a hobby. Yu-Gi-Oh! players don't get good and win by buying five packs and just playing. The same is true with Pokemon, languages (Latin, Spanish, German, etc.), and computers. Anything you want to do, and do right, will take time, effort, and money. It's always been that way. You can't just press a button and own Apple Computers.[/soliloquy]

No, i am just quiting suprememodz and starting a gaming instead of modding site on another domain while i also start a small hosting service..

I am not quiting over bad reviews, i noticed that there are more than 5 modding sites some with over 600000 members and some with less than 1000 so i thought it was overcrowded so i decided to sell 2 domains and get a hosting domain and strt the service whilst starting a plain gaming forum.

It's not a waste of money if you want to become big but i seriously have other things to pay for.

Also, i tried my best and someone said my logo was crap..? i mean, i tried my best.. if you still dont like it.. dont bother commenting.. anyway, someone close this.

Why would i do that to my members, they are familiar and know that i am moving.. they are signing up to the new gaming site right now.

That last paragraph was just not worth reading once i seen Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever they call it.
To my knowledge, gaming forums are MUCH crowded than a modding forum.
Yes but not clan forums which is what most gaming forums are.

Clan forums are unique. plus modding is dead now that JTAG's are patched. Modding is dying so, the quicker you step out of it, the better.
Probably because the way you act.. you're complaining you're getting nagged on a forum where you refuse to follow rules (re: I don't care what the rules say, the forum name is all that matters) - where the objective of this forum is to obtain criticism to better your site..

Unfortunately you ignore all signs of advice and continue to be a immature raisin about any criticism you receive. If more than three people said your logo is horrible.. maybe that's a sign that you should work on getting a new one - instead of complaining people are saying the same thing over and over again.

gamer-freakz.com
suprememodz.net
creativemodding.com

Smile

Pages: 1 2 3 4