MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dot.tk is a scam?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi guys!
Month ago i registered free domain on www.dot.tk.
But yesterday i found this: http://dottkscam.blogspot.com/2010/02/do...l#comments

In other words as it says there - once your domans gain good traffic they will stole those domains without any notice and park them to earn money from the back link traffic.

So... i want you to share your opinion and experience about dot.tk domains. What do you think about this?
It's not a scam because you're not paying for anything... Unless you're targeting users in Tokelau you shouldn't need to use .tk anyway. It's a country level domain, not a top level domain.
They say that registered domains will always be yours. You work hard to get thraffic to your websites. But after some time they take away domains and all your work come to nothing.
If you're willing to put in the hard work to get the traffic, you should be willing enough to pay a few dollars a year for a TLD from a trusted registrar.
I'm agree.
(2012-03-06, 07:30 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If you're willing to put in the hard work to get the traffic, you should be willing enough to pay a few dollars a year for a TLD from a trusted registrar.

The main question of this topic was - to trust them or not...
It depends. If it's just some stupid personal project that I don't ever expect to take anywhere, I would say use them. But, if you really want to take a project places I would shell out the money and not risk it.
Same thing happened to me when I reached 2k visitors.
Some say it happened when they reached 100-500 visitors.
Pages: 1 2 3 4