MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 100,000 posts: Lessons learned along the way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Congratulations,
I too some day hope to become apart of the group.

Well done buddy.
Congratulations, nice achievement.

I would be hitting that milestone soon as well, probably within a week. Smile
(2012-03-12, 02:19 AM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]Are you implying that if you motivate people to post for a contest once they will be in the habit of posting even if there is no contest?

That is exactly what I am implying, and it worked for us every time we tried it.
Thread cleaned up.
A lot of very good advice in the OP. In particular, it's much easier to keep it lean from the start than to try and streamline later.
3 years and still on the 30k's
(2012-03-13, 04:07 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]3 years and still on the 30k's

Have you tried running some sort of marketing campaign/contest?
(2012-03-13, 04:30 PM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-13, 04:07 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]3 years and still on the 30k's

Have you tried running some sort of marketing campaign/contest?

Honestly no, we only make giveaways at holydays or stuff, feeding a forum with money or dark stuff it's not my taste

I was considering about making a facebook campaign but i've run out of time recently
Is there any point in buying stickies on popular MyBB sites?
(2012-03-14, 02:23 AM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any point in buying stickies on popular MyBB sites?
Certainly, it is. You get a quite good hits if its on a targeted website which might help your niche as well.

Now, certainly, there won't be any point of buying sticky for Mebes over a food discussion site, but over General Discussion like sites, it might do well.

People read threads and they in turn see your sticky which might attract some people.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5