MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 100,000 posts: Lessons learned along the way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Disagree with everything except #4.
There are no rules or guidelines that you need to follow. Anyone with that mindset is bound to mediocrity at best.
(2012-03-15, 06:15 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Disagree with everything except #4.
There are no rules or guidelines that you need to follow. Anyone with that mindset is bound to mediocrity at best.

That is certainly one single opinion. What works for me might not work your you.

That's horse crap mate.

There's nothing you NEED to follow, no -- you can break all these rules and still be immensely successful. But generally there are things you can do to increase your chances of success.
(2012-03-15, 03:30 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]

There's nothing you NEED to follow, no -- you can break all these rules and still be immensely successful. But generally there are things you can do to increase your chances of success.

Exactly Smile

I'm not giving or telling anyone "rules". I'm just sharing what I learned and what works for me.
(2012-03-15, 02:44 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]That's horse crap mate.
It's comforting to know that this 'horse crap' is much more informative than you are.

(2012-03-15, 03:30 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]There's nothing you NEED to follow, no -- you can break all these rules and still be immensely successful. But generally there are things you can do to increase your chances of success.
When did I ever mention success? I can't even find much of a mention of it in the first post either.
Besides, what success is can vary greatly amongst administrators. Maybe it does increase your chance of success, whatever that is, but I disagree that it applies on a general case.
To me, the advice is like saying "eating honey improves your life" - maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. If it works for you, great. Should it be taken as general advice (that's useful)? I say no.
Feel free to disagree.
So you're saying nobody should provide advice based on their own experiences? I don't really get where you're going with this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5