MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pokémon Talk - Pokemon Forum | Active & Friendly Community | Register Now!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: ZOETm.png]

What's Pokémon Talk?
-Pokemon Talk is an active and friendly Pokemon Forum. Discuss anything under the sun, everything about Pokemon. Talk about Pokemon and other things that's much related to it. It's now been officially launched. We have added our very own custom theme and some more features. Smile

Simple, yet elegant.
-Although it's a simple Pokemon Forum, it's still elegant and good looking in the eyes. We strive for the best and enjoyment of our dear members. That's why we'll do anything for them to enjoy.

Register Now!
-So yeah, what are you waiting for? Go and register now so you can participate on the discussions and be a part of our Pokemon Forum. Register here.

Forum Stats:
-Our members have made a total of 6,067 posts in 543 threads.
We currently have 163 members registered.
Aren't forums with illegal content against the rules of this board? I think your emulation and ROM section might fall under the ban on warez.
It's not Warez or actually Hacking. You don't hack PCs, you don't use illegal tools. So no imo.
But Emulation & Roms are illegal.
And it seems to be promoted on it.

But of course, it'll have to be left for the staff to decide.
ROM is illegal and you should remove all the info about it if you have it on your forums.
It is warez, considering it primarily deals with the distribution of copyrighted works without fees or royalties.
I remember cases being where users that distributed "hacked" or modified versions of particular games still receiving cease & desist notices from the original publishers.

(2012-04-03, 05:57 AM)Sync™ Wrote: [ -> ]It's not Warez or actually Hacking. You don't hack PCs, you don't use illegal tools. So no imo.
But hey, we haven't hacked any ROMs yet.

Edit: Removed the section.

Another Edit: Re-opened the section. We use Lunar IPS everyone. So it means, all of your comments won't cause anything to the forum.
(2012-04-04, 04:56 AM)Sync™ Wrote: [ -> ]But hey, we haven't hacked any ROMs yet.

Edit: Removed the section.

Another Edit: Re-opened the section. We use Lunar IPS everyone. So it means, all of your comments won't cause anything to the forum.

Then maybe emulation simply isn't the best name for the section.
Maybe you guys should look up ROMs and Emulation before you say it's illegal. Anyone is allowed to own a ROM of any game that they also have a physical copy of, also, they're allowed to use free products to emulate them on their computer.

What IS illegal, however, is to distribute copies of ROMs, or to link to them. That's why the program LIPS is available (Lunar IPS), to create a "Patch" of a ROM (Which is absolutely not illegal at all, same as the rest) to distribute any changes people have made for people to apply to their own copies.

So yeah, a ROM Hacking section is far from illegal, people always take the word hacking the wrong way. :/ Out of anything used to emulate, patch, and hack roms, the only thing actually protected (By ESA) is the ROM file, which again is completely legal if you own the physical game as long as you've ripped it from the cart yourself (And since patches are being distributed, not the actual roms, nothing wrong there), and seeing as there's know way to prove whether someone does or not, it's commonly referred to as "witch hunting" when trying to accuse people of downloading them (Which is again, the only illegal part about it).

Just wanted to clear this up, because I've been a ROM hacker for years, and have never done anything illegal whatsoever in the process (That I know of at least), it's really not fair to throw a whole community of people to the curb just because you don't like the title of it.

I mean, if you think about it, it kind of makes perfect sense. If you buy a CD and use a program on your computer to play it, you certainly aren't breaking the law are you? And of course, distributing an entire song would be illegal, but if you were to modify it and create a patch that would only work on other people's songs that had purchased it already, nothing wrong there either imo. So yeah, anyways, sorry about the rant, I just have strong feelings about the subject due to years of being treated the same way in regards to it. It's a creative outlet that allows users to share their own game development, and in black and white isn't illegal in any way.

Oh, and nice layout on the site, seems like a great community. Smile
(2012-04-04, 09:12 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you guys should look up ROMs and Emulation before you say it's illegal. Anyone is allowed to own a ROM of any game that they also have a physical copy of, also, they're allowed to use free products to emulate them on their computer.

What IS illegal, however, is to distribute copies of ROMs, or to link to them. That's why the program LIPS is available (Lunar IPS), to create a "Patch" of a ROM (Which is absolutely not illegal at all, same as the rest) to distribute any changes people have made for people to apply to their own copies.

So yeah, a ROM Hacking section is far from illegal, people always take the word hacking the wrong way. :/ Out of anything used to emulate, patch, and hack roms, the only thing actually protected (By ESA) is the ROM file, which again is completely legal if you own the physical game as long as you've ripped it from the cart yourself (And since patches are being distributed, not the actual roms, nothing wrong there), and seeing as there's know way to prove whether someone does or not, it's commonly referred to as "witch hunting" when trying to accuse people of downloading them (Which is again, the only illegal part about it).

Just wanted to clear this up, because I've been a ROM hacker for years, and have never done anything illegal whatsoever in the process (That I know of at least), it's really not fair to throw a whole community of people to the curb just because you don't like the title of it.

I mean, if you think about it, it kind of makes perfect sense. If you buy a CD and use a program on your computer to play it, you certainly aren't breaking the law are you? And of course, distributing an entire song would be illegal, but if you were to modify it and create a patch that would only work on other people's songs that had purchased it already, nothing wrong there either imo. So yeah, anyways, sorry about the rant, I just have strong feelings about the subject due to years of being treated the same way in regards to it. It's a creative outlet that allows users to share their own game development, and in black and white isn't illegal in any way.

Oh, and nice layout on the site, seems like a great community. Smile

Thanks for clearing things up. And glad that you like our community. See you there!
Pages: 1 2 3