MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pre-Modded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was thinking of releasing a pre-modded MyBB forum, but i wanted to know what mods people wanted, or if there was already one out.
If you mean mod a forum and then distribute it then you can't because its against the conditions of use for MyBB
phenetic Wrote:I was thinking of releasing a pre-modded MyBB forum, but i wanted to know what mods people wanted, or if there was already one out.

This is not allowed, please refer to any copy of the MyBB License.

It does not allow redistribution, in whole or in part, of the MyBB Package.
What if i have it distributed through here? I mean it's not like im distrubting it through my site or anything. It can be downloaded via MyBB Mods Official Site
Even if Chris accepted it, you'd still have the issue of redistributing others Mods.
I'll give full credit lol, it aint like im gonna say i coded the whole thing lmao This is just something for new people who dont know much about installing mods.
Giving full credit and asking for permission are two separate things, and without permission it falls under a nice grey area.

You would then also have the stability and security problems that could arise from an incorrectly configured mod, a need to change the installer, more documentation etc.
Now what if i were to get permission from all the mod authors?
phenetic Wrote:Now what if i were to get permission from all the mod authors?
Well if you had their permission, gave them credit, then using the Mods wouldnt be a problem.

However you are still left with the massive problem of it being against the MyBB License to redistribute MyBB in part, or in whole.
According to the License, you are not allowed to redistribute any part of or the whole of the MyBB anywhere (even on the official sites here) without the permission of the "entire MyBulletinBoard seat holding Admin Board" (which is basically Chris Boulton anyway Toungue). If you do not have permission to do that, there is no point in asking the mod authors for permission.
Pages: 1 2 3