MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TechTimes | Technology Help and Discussion Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi Forum

Web designing has always been my passion and mybb actually boosted it up.
I have created a forum dedicated to Computers and Technology at http://www.techtimes.co.in

Please check it and provide your valuable feedback, so that i can improve my forum and my knowledge.
Visit my forum here: http://www.techtimes.co.in

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Board url changed. Forum moved to a TLD, from .tk domain
Lol. Too many sections, free domain. Nothing else to say really.
(2012-04-26, 02:57 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Lol. Too many sections, free domain. Nothing else to say really.

To piggy back what Anxiety said.. way too many sections, free domain, overused theme, poor logo..

These things need to be corrected (and should have been prior to showcasing)
thanks for the comments friends...

yeah i know cure is a over used theme, but i thought overused implies most popular, thats why i chose it. Also i have the default mybb and apart theme installed in case the user want to change from cure.

i accept the logo was an ordinary one. but i was just on a trial and error period where i can get feedback from various people and change accordingly. now the logo has been changed to a new one. think its simple yet professional.
i have made quite a few changes to the forum now.

i am getting a good number pageviews for a forum which is just 7 days old and in fact gained some followers on twitter too. but the problem is the members. how do i get members to register to my forum. i dont want my family and friends filling the registration form. i want some real and genuine members. any advice???

Check out the forum here: TechTimes
(2012-05-02, 11:17 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]i have made quite a few changes to the forum now.

i am getting a good number pageviews for a forum which is just 7 days old and in fact gained some followers on twitter too. but the problem is the members. how do i get members to register to my forum. i dont want my family and friends filling the registration form. i want some real and genuine members. any advice???

Get a better theme. get a better logo, and a proper domain.

And moreover, try concentrate on your forums niche rather than things like Movies, Radio, DTH, etc;
hi

updated the forum with a new theme... registered a TLD domain, will be moving in few days... any changes recommended....

The graphics on the forum are still below average. Get someone to make you a premium theme.. That'll be my advice. New website with poor theme/graphics = no members.
Hi

I have moved my forum from the free domain to a TLD today. Now my forum @ www.techtimes.co.in and also moved to a paid unlimited hosting.

Check the forum here
1. don't use a .tk domain. invest few bucks and get a decent domain name.
2. the design looks good overall. Even the header image is nice.
3. you have too many categories and no content at all. Try to start with 5-8 categories and fill them with content.
Pages: 1 2 3 4