MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: bobbaXtrade Forum(Review the theme please)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just wanna know your guy's thoughts on the minimalist design (It actually took me some time as I've lost almost all my css/xhtml knowledge Undecided) of my forum that's about to launch pretty soon. Please I'm open to good suggestions before launching!

- bobbaXtrade

I'm also still looking for the right image/color to put on the thead/tcat/tabs if you think you can make it more full of awesomeness keeping the concept, please contact me i'm willing to hire you Smile Thanks

Edit: I've tried lots of pixeled dark backgrounds, but still looks the best with the entire color #051F2A
I think that you did a pretty nice job. Smile
(2012-05-06, 08:28 AM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]I think that you did a pretty nice job. Smile

Thank you Smile I still feel that I could improve it a lot more. I'm trying to make it simple without leaving small details out. I've been trying to figure out for a day now how to make the div #panel follow down when scrolling down. Also it still needs some work done for IE... (of course)
Having the new topic and new reply buttons so small with no text is a bad idea.

Also, not sure how this is minimalist.
Good theme, goodluck.

Just for a suggestion, you've few issues with jQuery prototype conflict. (I said this because your collapase/uncollapse buttons are not working at all). Add the following code in headerinclude template of your theme;
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>
(2012-05-06, 05:26 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Having the new topic and new reply buttons so small with no text is a bad idea.

Also, not sure how this is minimalist.

Yup I keep thinking about it the hole time. I'm going to keep trying to make some that blend in. It really started minimalist, then added some pictures.. but still I look at it as a simple design with just essentials. Also I'd like to hear if you're into the design or not, as you have created some cool forums Smile. I remember from years ago man..you won't remember me haha. good times.

(2012-05-06, 06:47 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Good theme, goodluck.

Just for a suggestion, you've few issues with jQuery prototype conflict. (I said this because your collapase/uncollapse buttons are not working at all). Add the following code in headerinclude template of your theme;
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>

Man, I was wondering why the heck the kick reply was not working.. do you think it has to do with this?
Could you please setup a testing account?
Design's not bad, personally I really dislike tabbed forums though -- if you have tabs it's probably a sign you have too many sections to begin with. A forum just starting like yours shouldn't have so many sections.

Kill thread ratings, nobody uses them.

Generally it seems to fit the theme well (it's a Habbo Hotel site, right) but I think you could do well to go through and eliminate unnecessary items.
(2012-05-06, 08:45 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Could you please setup a testing account?

Sure Yaldaram!

user: prueba
pass: prueba123

EDIT: How funny the conflict with the javascript was a bunch of extra junk code I forgot to delete from the headerinclude. I was trying to make the scroll down effect.

(2012-05-06, 08:48 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Design's not bad, personally I really dislike tabbed forums though -- if you have tabs it's probably a sign you have too many sections to begin with. A forum just starting like yours shouldn't have so many sections.

Kill thread ratings, nobody uses them.

Generally it seems to fit the theme well (it's a Habbo Hotel site, right) but I think you could do well to go through and eliminate unnecessary items.

Thanks for this review. You are right not a good idea for a new forum, but once I installed the plugin I fell in love with the way it looks/work. I'm going to consider removing them if I don't see a good activity.

Bump! Still looking for suggestions Smile
Bump! Still looking for suggestions
Pages: 1 2 3