MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RuneGear.net - RuneScape Community Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2012-05-18, 02:34 PM)zero_X Wrote: [ -> ]Cool forum elite. I'm mad jelous of that Nudges plugin, bright idea Toungue

Cheers mate, I appreciate it. We're going to keep developing it to suit our needs with all the extra features.

(2012-05-18, 04:07 PM)Pixlr Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering, what do you mean by "Our niche is dying"?

(2012-05-18, 05:12 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]He means Runescape as a whole is dying - the niche the forum is based on.

As Anxiety said.

(2012-05-18, 05:40 PM)watomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Great forum man, the notification system looks really good! but I tried to register and it keeps telling me that "the image verification code that you entered was incorrect. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image."

I'm pretty sure 8x3=24 so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.

You're not mate, and I'm so sorry, I'll fix this captcha now. Must've stuffed up when we moved to the VPS... I've been wondering where my registrations went.

(2012-05-18, 06:02 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-18, 05:40 PM)watomsk Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to register and it keeps telling me that "the image verification code that you entered was incorrect. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image."

That means the catpcha is wrong, not the security question Wink

Pokes are now a part of Nudges!

Woo! Well done Paul, fantastic.

(2012-05-18, 06:07 PM)watomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but there is no captcha.

I'll fix that ASAP mate, sorry for the trouble.

(2012-05-18, 07:48 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-18, 06:02 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Pokes are now a part of Nudges!
Good to see that is being used nicely. Wink

TE, good luck, nice renovation.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

(2012-05-18, 07:55 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I've been following the progress of this site for a while now as you know. I really love some of the extra features you guys have Smile

Thanks euantor, I'm glad you like the features. Big Grin

(2012-05-18, 08:04 PM)zero_X Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-18, 06:02 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-18, 05:40 PM)watomsk Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to register and it keeps telling me that "the image verification code that you entered was incorrect. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image."

That means the catpcha is wrong, not the security question Wink

Pokes are now a part of Nudges!

(2012-05-18, 07:48 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-18, 06:02 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Pokes are now a part of Nudges!
Good to see that is being used nicely. Wink

TE, good luck, nice renovation.

What are you guys talking about Sad. Are you guys responsible for this awesome plugin that no one has? just like 2 people I think :/

Umm, Simon S. is responsible for this plugin, but it's been modified numerous times.
Y u no share the most requested plugin with your community
[Image: why-u-no-guy-meme.gif]
srs
Because it's a custom plugin coded especially for use on his forum?
(2012-05-18, 09:05 PM)zero_X Wrote: [ -> ]Y u no share the most requested plugin with your community
[Image: why-u-no-guy-meme.gif]
srs

(2012-05-18, 09:09 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Because it's a custom plugin coded especially for use on his forum?

^^

Sorry guys. :3
(2012-05-18, 09:09 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Because it's a custom plugin coded especially for use on his forum?

I know i'm just really jelous, I guess Blush. These plugins are the must have available for the entire community. I'd probably share it (I think we went over this on another thread, I understand that it's the coder and user dessicion and I have to respect that) because I love MyBB and don't want it to fall behind the big forum scripts, but then again it's just me and can't do anything about it.
(2012-05-18, 09:17 PM)zero_X Wrote: [ -> ]

I know i'm just really jelous I guess Blush and I'd probably share it because I love MyBB and don't want it to fall behind the big forum scripts, but then again it's just me and can't do anything about it.

I love MyBB and all and am always up to donate, but I'm not going to share custom plugins I paid for (although this one was free for me - thanks to the beautiful Simon S.).
(2012-05-18, 09:18 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]

I know i'm just really jelous I guess Blush and I'd probably share it because I love MyBB and don't want it to fall behind the big forum scripts, but then again it's just me and can't do anything about it.

I love MyBB and all and am always up to donate, but I'm not going to share custom plugins I paid for (although this one was free for me - thanks to the beautiful Simon S.).

Yes, I undestand I edited my post before reading your respond Smile. It's just that so many people keep requesting this.. and when I see it I have the need to do something about it, even though I can't. I hope you understand me, it's not personal.

Edit: You got it for free :o? Does he let you sell copies?
(2012-05-18, 09:22 PM)zero_X Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, I undestand I edited my post before reading your respond Smile. It's just that so many people keep requesting this.. and when I see it I have the need to do something about it, even though I can't. I hope you understand me, it's not personal.

I've only seen a couple of people request it. Also, I'm aware of what the community wants and I get it developed. I'm proactive as you can see, when I want something for my community, I'll strive to get it. We have some of the greatest Staff members on the team working with me - we have an innovative and proactive developer who takes things under his wings and is not afraid to try new things. He fits perfectly into the team because of his entrepreneurial skills.

I kinda rambled on but I don't want to seem rude for not releasing a plugin, most likely because it'll remove from RGs unique touch. Also, I paid for it, but got a refund later on.
(2012-05-18, 09:31 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-18, 09:22 PM)zero_X Wrote: [ -> ]

I've only seen a couple of people request it. Also, I'm aware of what the community wants and I get it developed. I'm proactive as you can see, when I want something for my community, I'll strive to get it. We have some of the greatest Staff members on the team working with me - we have an innovative and proactive developer who takes things under his wings and is not afraid to try new things. He fits perfectly into the team because of his entrepreneurial skills.

I kinda rambled on but I don't want to seem rude for not releasing a plugin, most likely because it'll remove from RGs unique touch. Also, I paid for it, but got a refund later on.

I think most people are not aware of this plugin, but people that are into new things and keep looking for things to make their community forum up to date and the best way possible (As yourself for an instant. Other examples would be brad-t, Jordan, me, etc Toungue) are dying for this small, but super useful feature implemented. I considered that the only advantage of this notification feature is that gets members more active and willing to post back, which is good for any community forum and that's why xenForo already made this feature a default.

I don't think the people that get in your forum are much awarded that the nudges is an exclusive touch, unless they came from MyBB's community (which I'm guessing is the minority of your members?).
Everyone wants it, but they won't get it (this version of it anyway) and I completely understand why and agree with TE. He paid for it, it makes his forum unique so why would he share it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5