MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RuneGear.net - RuneScape Community Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'll give you a cookie if you let me use your plugin Elite Toungue Deal? Big Grin
Can I ask why your themes for this site always seem... unfinished and mismatched? The theme changes quite often, but it always seems to be poorly put together. I would spend more time making everything blend.
(2012-05-19, 02:36 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Can I ask why your themes for this site always seem... unfinished and mismatched? The theme changes quite often, but it always seems to be poorly put together. I would spend more time making everything blend.

What's unfinished? It looks good to me.
(2012-05-19, 02:36 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Can I ask why your themes for this site always seem... unfinished and mismatched? The theme changes quite often, but it always seems to be poorly put together. I would spend more time making everything blend.

I was gonna point that out. I have the same feeling, the logo is pretty good, but the header and container background gives it that feeling of "unfinished". Also tables could use better backgrounds/borders with some effects like box-shadow to make look 100x better.
(2012-05-19, 03:22 AM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]What's unfinished? It looks good to me.

- forum categories (index)
- square borders around rounded table headers
- footer out of alignment
- thread rating images are of poor quality
- fonts and spacing are small, making reading somewhat challenging
- forum stats table on index does not match the rest of the tables
- facebook likes randomly placed at the top of the page

There are several other odds and ends all over the theme. It lacks polish. It appears that a lot of plugins have been installed with no adjustments made to make them match the theme.

That's looking at the theme objectively. There are aspects of the theme I would change based on personal taste (and really I think they would look better anyways).

Care should be taken with the presentation of your forums. The post count is fantastic but the general sloppiness of the design and layout leaves much to be desired.
(2012-05-19, 03:38 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-19, 03:22 AM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]What's unfinished? It looks good to me.

- forum categories (index)
- square borders around rounded table headers
- footer out of alignment
- thread rating images are of poor quality
- fonts and spacing are small, making reading somewhat challenging
- forum stats table on index does not match the rest of the tables
- facebook likes randomly placed at the top of the page

There are several other odds and ends all over the theme. It lacks polish. It appears that a lot of plugins have been installed with no adjustments made to make them match the theme.

That's looking at the theme objectively. There are aspects of the theme I would change based on personal taste (and really I think they would look better anyways).

Care should be taken with the presentation of your forums. The post count is fantastic but the general sloppiness of the design and layout leaves much to be desired.

I definitely agree that the theme is unfinished, mainly because I myself am not a theme designer, lol. I agree with all that you said and think it should be fixed, but I'll do so when I get the time. Then again, a theme design does not decide whatsoever how well a forum goes, since, well, my themes suck but my forums don't. I appreciate your feedback and will take it into account next time I'm modifying templates.

(2012-05-19, 01:09 AM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll give you a cookie if you let me use your plugin Elite Toungue Deal? Big Grin

Better be a choc-chip cookie!
Oh, I see. I didn't even notice some of those things until you mentioned them. Good to nitpick though, and those are pretty easy to fix.

Except thread ratings should be disabled altogether, in my opinion. Nobody uses them on most forums.
(2012-05-19, 12:31 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone wants it, but they won't get it (this version of it anyway) and I completely understand why and agree with TE. He paid for it, it makes his forum unique so why would he share it?

<3
(2012-05-19, 03:43 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]I definitely agree that the theme is unfinished, mainly because I myself am not a theme designer, lol. I agree with all that you said and think it should be fixed, but I'll do so when I get the time.

Fair enough. Just figured I'd point it out Smile

Quote:Then again, a theme design does not decide whatsoever how well a forum goes, since, well, my themes suck but my forums don't.

I was starting to notice a trend Toungue

Quote:I appreciate your feedback and will take it into account next time I'm modifying templates.

Wink
(2012-05-19, 03:52 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-19, 03:43 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]I definitely agree that the theme is unfinished, mainly because I myself am not a theme designer, lol. I agree with all that you said and think it should be fixed, but I'll do so when I get the time.

Fair enough. Just figured I'd point it out Smile

Quote:Then again, a theme design does not decide whatsoever how well a forum goes, since, well, my themes suck but my forums don't.

I was starting to notice a trend Toungue

Quote:I appreciate your feedback and will take it into account next time I'm modifying templates.

Wink

I'm considering saving up $300-$500 to get a professional theme designed integrated with WP for our upcoming expansion. I need everything integrated and it would be beneficial for the long run... Just need to find that money now, lol. Toungue

I've got 20 minutes off before my party today so I'm fixing up those issues you mentioned btw.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5