MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Free Advertising / Monetizing / Marketing / Webmaster - Active
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
If you can't figure out how to run a forum why would anyone trust you to help them profit from theirs ...?
(2012-05-29, 08:11 PM)Hostpro Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I've taken onboard your comments and have merged about 5 forums together,

How does it look now?

~Hostpro

The layout looks the same to me. This is for getting reviews so please take on board what we are saying

Webmaster tab can be ONE forum only.
Marketplace can be ONE forum only.
Exchange can be ONE forum only.
Quote:This is for getting reviews so please take on board what we are saying

Maybe a weird question but isnt this suggestions.. meaning somebody can decide for themselfs if they want to use the critique?

While yes it probably has to many tabs etc, and to many sections. I wouldnt change to much to drastically. Especially looking at the fact that it seems to be doing quite well.

Also:

Quote:Marketplace can be ONE forum only.
I disagree i wouldnt merge that into 1 forum more merge:

Buyers Section
Traders Section
Virtual Goods

Into 1 (buyers section), and make Scam Reports a sticky in the new merged forum.
But i wouldnt merge them together with giveaway and seller section.

More end up with 3 forums like:
  • Free Give-Aways
  • Sellers Section
  • Buyers Section
(2012-05-30, 01:24 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]If you can't figure out how to run a forum why would anyone trust you to help them profit from theirs ...?

I thought this forum was for reviews on my forum, not on my monetizing abilities, HuhHuh

~Hostpro
(2012-05-30, 06:22 PM)Hostpro Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-30, 01:24 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]If you can't figure out how to run a forum why would anyone trust you to help them profit from theirs ...?

I thought this forum was for reviews on my forum, not on my monetizing abilities, HuhHuh

~Hostpro

That's what you get when you start thinking Wink lol Toungue

In all seriousness I really like the theme and don't mind the tabs and amount of forums tbh. Good work Smile
I was probably too harsh so I went and wrote out a little review of the sections I think should be merged/deleted.

- Groups - I personally wouldn't have this have its own tab/category. You can put this somewhere in "general topics".

- Free ebooks - I'd personally merge this into the free give-aways section and just have thread prefixes for ebooks.

- Same for paid-ebooks ^^

- I would then merge the trading section into buying and rename the section Buying & Trading and yet again use thread prefixes for both, as they seem to be rather inactive.

- Virtual goods doesn't need a section since most of the sales are going to be virtual on the forum. If anything have a "Real item" thread prefix in the sellers section. Most people use ebay or other big sites to sell real items.

- Get rid of the "Webmaster" tab, merge the webmaster sections into one section and have it in general topics if you insist on having "webmaster" type content on the forum. It no way needs 4 sections, it has nothing to do with your niche.

- Get rid of the "Exchange" tab and merge those 4 sections into 1 section called "Exchange" and put it into the monetizing tab.

- Marketing seems dead so once again I'd merge those sections into 1 section named "Marketing" and put it in the Monetizing tab.

- If it was me I wouldn't have those off-topic sections but since they seem to be quite active they can't do any harm I guess. Everything else is fine.

This is why I said remove tabs, because after my suggested merges you end up with 3 tabs which looks a bit silly.
(2012-05-30, 06:22 PM)Hostpro Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this forum was for reviews on my forum, not on my monetizing abilities, HuhHuh

~Hostpro

In this case, those things aren't mutually exclusive. The quality of your forum is going to directly relate to your own abilities.
(2012-05-30, 03:36 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]
  • Free Give-Aways
  • Sellers Section
  • Buyers Section

Why not just have two forums: one for giveaways, freebies and contests, and another for buying/selling. Create thread prefixes like "Wanted" and "For Sale" and you've now accomplished two forums' work in one shot.
Thanks everybody for your help. When im home I'll make some changes Smile
How is it looking now?

~Hostpro
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5