MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: More Blog updates please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Because the mybb community is bigger than this site already and has been for a long time.
I also used to do all the above mentioned things at MyPureBB when I was running it too. The problem I see is that these articles are all well and good, but somebody needs to be committed to writing them. None of the dev team will have time to do it in most cases and we (the Support Team) were recently being blamed for not providing enough support. That leaves the PR and SQA Teams.
(2012-05-26, 04:15 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Because the mybb community is bigger than this site already and has been for a long time.

That makes no sense. You're asking to take this community, move it to another site just so we can celebrate THIS community. Sure there's MyBB forum-owners who don't ever come on here, but that's not the point.

(2012-05-26, 04:16 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I also used to do all the above mentioned things at MyPureBB when I was running it too. The problem I see is that these articles are all well and good, but somebody needs to be committed to writing them. None of the dev team will have time to do it in most cases and we (the Support Team) were recently being blamed for not providing enough support. That leaves the PR and SQA Teams.

I don't personally think it'll be that hard finding someone to write them, I can see you having a lot of willing volunteers. The higher-ups can still have a big opinion/input on the articles easily. Just give the writer(s) a section which only they and Staff can see and have them make a thread asking for your input. They collaborate that into the article. For example "Tomm M and euantor are really pleased with what X has done on his site with X plugin", poor example I know.
(2012-05-26, 04:24 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-26, 04:15 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Because the mybb community is bigger than this site already and has been for a long time.

That makes no sense. You're asking to take this community, move it to another site just so we can celebrate THIS community. Sure there's MyBB forum-owners who don't ever come on here, but that's not the point.

I'm not even talking about forums that use mybb with admins who don't come here. I'm talking about sites like mybbcentral, audentino, mybbhacks, mybbextras, mybb-plugins, mybbsource, and others.

Is any of their work going to be included in these things since they move the mybb community from this forum?
Of course. If labrocca made an awesome plugin on MyBBCentral for example, it will most likely get mentioned. Why wouldn't it? Same goes for the others. They're not seen as competition, they're seen as sites who run MyBB which makes them part of this community. I struggle to see your point.
But, those pluins aren't allowed in the mod db here why should they be showcased. You were saying it was all about the community "here" and not the mybb community in general.
It's about the MyBB community, most of whom are on this website. Why the hell are you nit-picking on tiny little things lmao?

This debate contributes nothing to the overall idea of a section that celebrates its community.
Plus the entire point of having it here would be so that anyone using the software can see what great stuff others are doing with it.
(2012-05-26, 04:16 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]None of the dev team will have time to do it in most cases and we (the Support Team) were recently being blamed for not providing enough support. That leaves the PR and SQA Teams.

I bet a little post would find somebody willing to run a blog/section like this monthly or something. Toungue Perhaps it comes under PR anyway?
AHEMMM
Pages: 1 2 3 4