MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: EURO 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
sure we beat italy many a time,just hope we don't go out like netherlands
Seems like I was right. Spain and Italy won.
Man I'm glad I ended up missing the group stages betting time. I would've lost almost all of them.
And England won... But seems like they had some help. I have to watch what happened.
Shhh it was redemption for the Germany world cup game. Toungue
I haven't seen any in depth analysis but the one they kept showing in the game was not conclusive. There was a darker area but I could see no grass between the ball and the line. If the ball is touching the line it's not in. As a referee I know it's hard to see this. 1 degree can change whether it looks in or not.
Watched a "pro"-game show. It did pass, almost for certain. Easy for the goalside ref to miss though, it was very tight.

Whatever happened to that idea when they were gonna put magnetic censors all around the ball, and it'd buzz the ref if it passed?
(2012-06-21, 02:06 AM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]Watched a "pro"-game show. It did pass, almost for certain. Easy for the goalside ref to miss though, it was very tight.

Whatever happened to that idea when they were gonna put magnetic censors all around the ball, and it'd buzz the ref if it passed?

It's still going ahead. The referee will wear a watch and if it passes it will vibrate and a message will appear saying "GOAL". It's just in development, they were testing it at Wembley in the friendly against Belgium. It might even be here in time for the new domestic season, they can't just implement it now in the Euro's though.

Even as an Englishman I can admit it definitely passed the line. We deserved that luck though. The important question is, what the hell is that assistant on the goal line for? All he had to do was adjust his position a matter of inches to be able to see if it had crossed or not. They never make any calls in big games, especially when a lot of games have controversial penalties right in front of them. That grinds my gears.
I don't see, in this world of information and technology, why we leave such crucial (in terms of the game) things down to a human anyway. The ball could cross the line for a split second, then the goal keeper could hit it out whilst the linesman is blinking for god sake. Just put some sensor and cameras there. If it crosses, they can be SURE it has.
(2012-06-21, 10:47 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see, in this world of information and technology, why we leave such crucial (in terms of the game) things down to a human anyway. The ball could cross the line for a split second, then the goal keeper could hit it out whilst the linesman is blinking for god sake. Just put some sensor and cameras there. If it crosses, they can be SURE it has.

"The good of the game" is the argument people use. People don't like change to ancient sports, look how long it took Tennis to get technology when it's a lot faster and harder to make correct calls than it is for football. Unfortunately without controversy, such things don't get added. Football recently as the game has gotten a lot faster has received a lot of controversial moments, this has forced Fifa to finally do something about it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12