MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mahogany Folk Music Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Having subforums makes it tedious too navigate. Why make it harder on users who are just coming to a new forum. Besides, lots of music crosses over. For example, Paul Simon is an American songwriter to lived in England for awhile based some of his songs on English folk music.

Just let your forum grow without making it complicated.
bumping for some more feedback!
Check out my new logo.. It's hilarious.
changing stuff everyday.. come by and take a look!
I'm glad you decided to get rid of the messy bird logo. I have to tell you though, having subforums for all those different countries makes the forum look unusable to me. Why would I want to click into so many subforums, just to find out they are empty. Why segregate the English language folk songs from each other, considering how much influence each has on the others. And why make it more difficult for users, forcing them to figure out if a song is English or Scot. Or for that matter, American versus English. Better to have a fun forum.

As for the foreign language folk music, it is too early to separate them out. If they have to post in a relatively empty forum, they might not feel like they are part of the main action. But if you feel you must make it separate, put all the non-English language together in one forum.
(2012-07-09, 04:50 PM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad you decided to get rid of the messy bird logo. I have to tell you though, having subforums for all those different countries makes the forum look unusable to me. Why would I want to click into so many subforums, just to find out they are empty. Why segregate the English language folk songs from each other, considering how much influence each has on the others. And why make it more difficult for users, forcing them to figure out if a song is English or Scot. Or for that matter, American versus English. Better to have a fun forum.

As for the foreign language folk music, it is too early to separate them out. If they have to post in a relatively empty forum, they might not feel like they are part of the main action. But if you feel you must make it separate, put all the non-English language together in one forum.
Thanks, I took your advice and removed the sub forums. Your advice is always appreciated Andrew B. !
Reduce those sections mayn'
All right I removed three sections..
In general, I think your forum is getting easier to use and looking better. A couple more suggestions. The links in the upper right of the forum are difficult to see. They almost fade into the background. The color of links inside messages is very close in color to regular text and hard to distinguish. Here's a tutorial I made about how to control link color independently of the rest of the design: http://community.mybb.com/thread-85990.html
Thanks Andrew, I'll check out that tutorial right now. I appreciate all your support!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5