MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mahogany Folk Music Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
You're doing a good job by taking people's advice and constantly trying to improve. That can only mean success. Here's my thoughts:

I think you should really trim down your forums. Combine all the non-folk music forums into a single, off-topic general music forum. Then put all the folk forums together, as well as the musician forums. Your biggest folk forum is the one for people that don't know where to put their topics. "The Lounge - Don't know if it's folk, indie, bluegrass or a combination of all of those? That's okay, just post it here." A single folk forum will eliminate the issue of people not knowing where to post. That issue causes a lot of users not to post at all.

I run a website about games and Japanese. We have two gaming forums total, and sometimes I think that's one too many. It's not about the number of forums you have about music. It's about the number of quality topics you have in your forums about music.
I agree with cappazushi, content is really what you should be focusing on instead of having several forums that could be combined into one. Smile

Not a bad forum though. Smile
Thanks, I'll work on trimming down the forums. I'm also working on getting a better menu bar.

(2012-07-13, 04:01 AM)cappazushi Wrote: [ -> ]You're doing a good job by taking people's advice and constantly trying to improve. That can only mean success. Here's my thoughts:

I think you should really trim down your forums. Combine all the non-folk music forums into a single, off-topic general music forum. Then put all the folk forums together, as well as the musician forums. Your biggest folk forum is the one for people that don't know where to put their topics. "The Lounge - Don't know if it's folk, indie, bluegrass or a combination of all of those? That's okay, just post it here." A single folk forum will eliminate the issue of people not knowing where to post. That issue causes a lot of users not to post at all.

I run a website about games and Japanese. We have two gaming forums total, and sometimes I think that's one too many. It's not about the number of forums you have about music. It's about the number of quality topics you have in your forums about music.
Okay I change the forum a little bit, do you think it's better with less forums still?
(2012-07-13, 04:16 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with cappazushi, content is really what you should be focusing on instead of having several forums that could be combined into one. Smile

Not a bad forum though. Smile

Thank you, we just hit 1400 posts and I'm starting to see some hits from organic google searches.. slow but it's something.
Streamlined it quite a bit more, any feedback?
I am still not mad about the header links. I like the style, with them in a block, but I would change the color maybe.

The new "hi guest register" (welcome panel) is nice, but now you have TWO login links on the front page - it seems a bit like overkill. The 3 social buttons on the right are sort of throwing off the lines of the board - it makes the side panel look pushed down.

What you can consider is making that welcome panel have a double usage: as a guest it says hi register > link to register, make that about 75% of the width then put the three buttons on the right - like in the picture.
Thanks LeeFish, I took you're recommendations.. most of it at least and made a few changes. Thanks for taking the time to help me improve!
What's with the dupe account?
I couldn't get the forgot my password to work, I never get an email..
I changed a few more things, and we have a few new members! forum is doing great!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5