MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NintenFriends.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Is the site down? I can get on it :/
Seems to be up for me. I know my host was undergoing some maintenance sometime this week, perhaps you tried to access it during that time?
I've been extremely busy with work etc.

I have 2 little updates which i'd like some feedback on. Taking feedback from euantor I have made the boxart for the Game Libraries in profiles smaller. Also on profiles I have been working underneath the Profile Comments plugin. As you can see I can pass custom types, the example I have on my profile is the fact that I have added a game. This could be anything:

"Ryan created a new thread: My Test Thread."
"Ryan started following Test."
etc.

http://www.nintenfriends.com/user-ryan
Oh my god, how are you doing that? I really want a feature like this!
It's actually really simple right now. I have added a new table for different types. So take for example the one on my profile. It's type is 1 and it's content "added a game to their Game Library.". I have then just tweaked the Profile Comments plugin to check to see if there is a type on it's record then pull the type content from the other table.

I plan on expanding this obviously to create dynamic variables so that a type could be: "added a game to {gender} Game Profile." which would then result in "added a game to his Game Profile.".

It's still very early on...
Please release that. PLEASE!
Seconded.
... could you share the code? And what plugin do you use?

It seems like a notification thing to me, what I already have for basic mybb usage, but the game notification ting seems interesting.

Also, can I know what plugin you use for the followers feature?
Well you're doing an awesome job already. But, I came across http://gamecenter.grantgalitz.org/ and thought it would be a cool thing for you to steal since you're running a nintendo forum Toungue.
I'm not sure if I can release my edits seeing as they are only small changes to an existing plugin. Perhaps I need to get in contact with the author.

The following feature is just renamed from the standard buddy system that is shipped with MyBB. You just need to think of creative ways to use it. For example I have created a page called the "Buzz Feed" which is essentially a Facebook wall. It takes the recent activity of your followers and outputs it in a list for you to read.

@Alex Smith That's pretty cool, but for now I'd rather stay away from that sort of stuff. I don't really want anything that'll get me in trouble with Nintendo. I do however have big plans on Pokemon though. I plan to write a plugin so that users can "find" Pokemon around the site randomly. Plans for the future for this include the ability for us to trade and also to battle their found Pokemon. It would also include a whole new page for the user to go on different maps to find and capture different Pokemon. I will probably use something Newpoints for this so that members will post to earn points to then spend on items such as Pokeballs etc.

This will all be covered with a huge disclaimer that hopefully Nintendo won't mind about. All this stuff is in the future though, i'm just sticking with the basics right now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4