MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Harajuju – The world's premier Japanese fashion community.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Thank you Smile I'm looking forward to update this topic with new stuff soon.
I'm curious how upgrades work for you. How often do they break features and require rewrites? Is it difficult to maintain the custom code?
There have been very few releases and none of them caused serious issues for me so far.
Do you mean none?
I think I typed that from my phone, haha. Fixed.
Hm... one thing I dislike about Harajuju is that face-covering/blurring thing in posted looks.
(2013-04-12, 08:51 AM)Kaeden Wrote: [ -> ]Hm... one thing I dislike about Harajuju is that face-covering/blurring thing in posted looks.

Uh, this is obviously not a feature of the site but individuals not wanting to show their face on the internet. None of my photos have blurred faces. Or my girlfriend. Or many other members.
(2013-04-12, 01:48 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-12, 08:51 AM)Kaeden Wrote: [ -> ]Hm... one thing I dislike about Harajuju is that face-covering/blurring thing in posted looks.

Uh, this is obviously not a feature of the site but individuals not wanting to show their face on the internet. None of my photos have blurred faces. Or my girlfriend. Or many other members.

Lookbook comes to my mind, they don't allow these kind of photos. To be honest I get feeling of insecurity when seeng pics like that, which deters me from wanting to browse the website. I'm not saying they should be required to show their faces... but It really is a turn off, at least for me.
You get a feeling of insecurity from a 17 year old girl blurring her face out on the internet?

Lookbook is a great platform with crappy content, so I don't really care what they are doing. Lookbook is largely about photography and e-celeb status, not about interesting clothes and genuinely good styling.

My goal is to make people comfortable with posting their photos and building a high quality portfolio of niche content; not at dealing with the weird insecurities of readers like you. You are likely not my target demographic.
(2013-04-12, 08:34 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]You get a feeling of insecurity from a 17 year old girl blurring her face out on the internet?

Lookbook is a great platform with crappy content, so I don't really care what they are doing. Lookbook is largely about photography and e-celeb status, not about interesting clothes and genuinely good styling.

My goal is to make people comfortable with posting their photos and building a high quality portfolio of niche content; not at dealing with the weird insecurities of readers like you. You are likely not my target demographic.

I wasn't refering to me oO ... I think they should be confident enough to show their faces or be encouraged to do so. Some may have a nice hairstyle/make-up that compliments the look.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15