MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New theme on Designer Den
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK, I have worked long and hard on this new theme, can you please tell me what you think of this one. Any feedback is much appreciated.

http://www.designerden.org/
The general layout is better, the graphics still need some work though.
You planning to sell or release for free?
The header is very big, but I do like the texture you have on the red, the tones of the red and sand should really be carrying on through your theme. That is not happening though.

The on /off forum buttons with the high gloss almost look like they are from a different theme set to the header.

Same on the grey thead on the forum bits and the menu - that grey does not match the header style at all. I would go back to the palette and see if you can tweak those about, give it more of a fabric feel.

I like the hover effect on the main menu. Very swish.
(2012-07-17, 09:25 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]The general layout is better, the graphics still need some work though.
The logo is definitely going to be worked on. But everything else is clean a crisp.

(2012-07-17, 09:35 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]You planning to sell or release for free?

No it's a custom theme for my site.

(2012-07-17, 09:51 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The header is very big, but I do like the texture you have on the red, the tones of the red and sand should really be carrying on through your theme. That is not happening though.

The on /off forum buttons with the high gloss almost look like they are from a different theme set to the header.

Same on the grey thead on the forum bits and the menu - that grey does not match the header style at all. I would go back to the palette and see if you can tweak those about, give it more of a fabric feel.

I like the hover effect on the main menu. Very swish.

I wanted to go for a bigger header. But I do not have any texture on the red, so I'm unsure of what you mean there. Make sure you have pressed CTRL + R to reload the page. Because sometimes FF and other browsers save cached copies of the websites components. And a refresh fixes that. I also have not used high gloss Icons.
How many threads you want to showcase for a same site ?? How funny you accused someone breaking the rules and did the same yourself..

http://community.mybb.com/thread-122402.html
(2012-07-18, 06:27 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]How many threads you want to showcase for a same site ?? How funny you accused someone breaking the rules and did the same yourself..

http://community.mybb.com/thread-122402.html

When did I accuse someone of that, and that's only one other thread. I didn't update the last one because some people only read the first post of the thread. Not the last or any in between.
I like a lot about the theme, but there is one thing that bugs me i guess you could say. Thats the Border below the logo.

It somehow to me personally doesnt fit with the rest of the site. I would have i guess preferred a nice smooth edge like the other borders of your theme.
Hmm, OK, I have had a few requests to do that, I will do it when I get back from school.
(2012-07-18, 06:42 AM)Echo Off Wrote: [ -> ]and that's only one other thread. I didn't update the last one because some people only read the first post of the thread. Not the last or any in between.

You're not supposed to create more then one thread for the same topic in a given section if the other thread has not been locked. You're allowed to bump your previous thread for a set amount of times.
Pages: 1 2 3