MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mountain Lion for Mac Released Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Mountain lion for mac is to be released today. Over 200 new features, game center now compatible across several devices (iMac, iPad & iPhone). Whats your thoughts on the new OS and will you be buying it today ?
Needless to say I won't be buying it. I don't have a mac and I never will purely because of all the issues I've had with Apple's customer support in the past and the extortionate pricing model.
Well with a first reply like that if I type what I want I see this thread getting locked fast Toungue.
Feel free to say what you want Alex Toungue I'm hardly against free speech, I just have my own opinion on Apple as a company.
lol "extortionate pricing model", please.

looking forward to upgrade my old c2d macbook to this. seems like this is the last OS upgrade that will be able to run. looking to get a 13" Air soon anyway.
I'm probably going to go MBP as opposed to MBA. I don't like that everything is soldered on the motherboard now Confused
(2012-07-25, 02:18 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]lol "extortionate pricing model", please.

looking forward to upgrade my old c2d macbook to this. seems like this is the last OS upgrade that will be able to run. looking to get a 13" Air soon anyway.

To a university student trying to save as much money as possible, spending £1000+ on a laptop with specs I could get on a £400 laptop running windows makes zero sense at all. Especially when I'll be installing Linux alongside it no matter what.
As a university student you shouldn't be paying £1000 on one Toungue You get 17% (or is it 14%) off as a uni student.

I can guarantee if you're spending over £1000 on an apple laptop after discount is applied you could NOT buy the same thing for £400 Toungue
Most PC manufacturers also offers student discounts as well though so his point is still pretty valid IMO. Even if they didn't a comparable PC would probably be about the same price if not cheaper still after the discount.
Yeah, but I'd like to see you get 17% off as a student in the UK. Most major retailers dot offer student discount on PC's and when they do it's usually 5-10%. Apple isn't just about the components it's about the looks/quality. They feel good in your hands, instead of just flimsy plastic.

You could apply the same logic to branded clothing. It costs little to produce but people still pay a lot for it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5