MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ouya - Open source $99 console
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: image-141147-full.jpg?1343391881]

[Image: image-141148-full.jpg?1343391913]

OUYA is a new game console for the TV, powered by Android.

Developers will have access to OUYA's open design so they can produce their games for the living room, taking advantage of everything the TV has to offer. OUYA's controller, console, and interface come in one beautiful, inexpensive package. All the games on it will be free, at least to try.

The company launched their Kickstarter for an open, hackable console at 6:00AM PST, and by 2:00PM had completed their funding (which, at $950,000 was an uncommonly high Kickstarter goal). By 5:00PM the Ouya had sold out of consoles, meaning all the consoles Ouya thought they could possibly have imagined selling by the end of their 30 days of funding. No problem for Ouya though, more have already been added.

Have you backed the project yet? I did, looks promising, can't wait to try. Smile
I want to support it but I don't play the console I have Toungue.
Only $99, heck yes. I'd so get one if this becomes available to me.
It's interesting but that console design is pretty ugly.
(2012-07-27, 07:04 PM)Stewartiee Wrote: [ -> ]It's interesting but that console design is pretty ugly.

I think it looks interesting and modern, they wanted something new and I like it. But I think the controller design somewhat matches the xbox controller.
(2012-07-27, 07:07 PM)Sukanjan.K Wrote: [ -> ]I think it looks interesting and modern, they wanted something new and I like it. But I think the controller design somewhat matches the xbox controller.

Only in therms of the button layout, I'm not quite liking how the handles extend out so far.

But have to try it to see how it is.
It reminds me the Game Cube console.. Looks cool but I don't tend to play any kind of game anyways (I doubt they will make Zelda games for this one?).
I like a lot of the games by Kairosoft, I think it'd be neat to be able to play it on a full screen & proper controller than off my phone or iPad's touch screen.
What's the graphics and stuff like on it?
(2012-07-27, 07:37 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]What's the graphics and stuff like on it?

I imagine it won't be anything big. It is afterall just Android and it's games..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5