MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Your "MyBB Experience"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So, there is that box on the user profile with "MyBB Experience". I have mine set at Novice because I don't believe I am Advanced or Guru. I might call myself Intermediate but that option is not there.

To me, that box on the profile seems to mean "I can code plugins" though really it can have other angles I guess.

So what is your MyBB experience? What do you think makes a user advanced or a Guru?
I set mine as advanced a while back and haven't touched it since. To be honest, I'm not even sure why it's there.
^me neither
Um right. So it is totally meaningless and has no value add at all? No idea why it was originally added to profiles?
Basically, yeah.
I think at one time it was in the post-bit so people kind of had an idea of your experience without searching around.
(2012-08-04, 01:48 PM)MJ456 Wrote: [ -> ]This option should be removed in next community update..!! Wink

Or they could just silently kill it now.
I've seen people (not naming names) whose profile states "Advanced" or "Guru", yet they struggle with the basics, so I doubt there's a set standard between Novice or Advanced. But if there was, it would probably go at least a little something like this.

Beginner
- Knows what MyBB is
- Knows what to do with it

Novice
- Very familiar with the front-end of mybb forums
- Knows their way around the back-end as well
- Can edit templates without having to look up guides or tutorials
- Knows how to upload a MyBB forum, themes, plugins, etc.
- Moderately experienced with moderating tools

Advanced
- Has a working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Can edit PHP codes without messing up
- Experienced in moderating a mybb forum
- Has an active forum
- Created a few plugins
- Knows the CP like the back of their hand

Guru
- Runs a successful forum
- Makes amazing plugins
- Looked upto as an actual "Guru"

These are just my thoughts and opinions. I don't think you would need to fulfill all the criteria in the list, but at least a majority would be good. What do you guys say?
If these were even partly good criteria for judging those silly terms, then I might just make it to "Advanced" in a couple of months or so. Toungue
I can't do any PHP. Sob.
Neither can I. But I can atleast follow instructions and edit the code. xD
Pages: 1 2 3 4