MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converter phpbb2 -> mybb1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This is nice. Can we have IPB 1.31 --> MyBB 1.2.1 converter? my forum uses IPB 1.3.1 and I still cannot fully switch to MyBB (because of UTF-8 bad code in multiplebyte characters)
you can use array_map($array, 'addslashes');
ElTopo Wrote:This is nice. Can we have IPB 1.31 --> MyBB 1.2.1 converter? my forum uses IPB 1.3.1 and I still cannot fully switch to MyBB (because of UTF-8 bad code in multiplebyte characters)

Hi !

the converter is here Wink
hi,

i'm going to test mybb using a copy of my phpbb2 database. Does this converter leave the phpbb installation and database intact.

ie will my phpbb board still work after i run this ?

cheers
Thanks, excellent, is there a read me file?
you can find inside the download zip,
talisman Wrote:hi,

i'm going to test mybb using a copy of my phpbb2 database. Does this converter leave the phpbb installation and database intact.

ie will my phpbb board still work after i run this ?

cheers

yes it would work with no problems.
QUOTE: you can find inside the download zip

Thanks for the prompt reply vinoth, I just downloaded it but there are only php files, no readme file

Maybe there is a tutorial somewhere that you know of??
GFN just upload the contents of the zip (the one import_phpbb2.php and the import_phpbb2 folder) into the root of your mybb installation and then point your broswer at the import_phpbb2.php file and follow the instructions. It was painless and worked first time.
Thanks talisman for your help, worked very smoothly, took about 5 mins!
I get this error:

l error: Call to undefined function: result() in /home/.damper/shrubweb/area51.oftheshrub.org/myBB/import_phpbb2.php on line 477

My mybb board is at area51.oftheshrub.org/myBB
My phpbb2 board is at oftheshrub.org/phpbb2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5