MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converter phpbb2 -> mybb1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
i have this error:

Importing 500 threads …

mySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 'Anonymous', 1062748478, 0, '', 77, 2, '', 0, 0, 0, '', 1)' at line 1
Query: INSERT INTO mybb_threads (tid, fid, subject, icon, poll, firstpost, uid, username, dateline, lastpost, lastposter, views, replies, closed, sticky, numratings, totalratings, notes, visible) VALUES (3, 2, 'Rennstreckentraining Peenem?nde', 0, 0, 0, , 'Anonymous', 1062748478, 0, '', 77, 2, '', 0, 0, 0, '', 1);

any ideas??
Mephistox Wrote:I get this error:

l error: Call to undefined function: result() in /home/.damper/shrubweb/area51.oftheshrub.org/myBB/import_phpbb2.php on line 477

My mybb board is at area51.oftheshrub.org/myBB
My phpbb2 board is at oftheshrub.org/phpbb2

anyone able to help me? This is really dampening my ability to convert to MyBB Sad
emm how can I get spanish characters working in the transition?
Fix for the dreaded thread sql error on import... its dirty, but proved satisfactory for our needs:

Find in 005_threads.php:

$newthread = array (
'tid'             => $thread['topic_id'],
'fid'             => $thread['forum_id'],

ABOVE Add:
// HACK by Derrek Croney (MongoSlade/IronMan); 
//       Dev Team;  NCAAbbs.com
/* The above condition test doesn't account for NULL values for either
    the 'first_poster_id' or 'last_poster_id' so we'll do is
    skip this row if either value is NULL -- most likely representing a
    dummy or duplicate thread of some sort.
*/
if ($thread['last_poster_id'] == '' || $thread['first_poster_id'] == '') {
                continue;       // ..to the next row, ignoring the stuff below this line.
}
// end HACK by Derrek Croney (2.5.07)
Or you could add:
$thread['last_poster_id'] = intval($thread['last_poster_id']);
$thread['first_poster_id'] = intval($thread['first_poster_id']);
Smile
This import script also resulted in every post claiming a UID that was off by +1 the actual UID.... fix for that coming soon.
georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:This import script also resulted in every post claiming a UID that was off by +1 the actual UID.... fix for that coming soon.

Upon further review, this problem was introduced when we merged all the phpBB installs together, not when we converted.
I'm trying to do the conversion, and after the screen where you give it the path to your phpbb root, I just get a blank white page....

Ideas?
Greetings!

I am trying to use the converter to convert a phpBB2 forum v2.0.17 to a German myBB forum v1.2.3.

I downloaded the converter, extracted it and uploaded the files without changing them to the root directory of the myBB forum. Then I called the converter, entered the path to the root of the phpBB2 forum and got following error message

Selected Import Job doesn´t exist, please recheck your Selection

Does someone know what I might do wrong? Do I have to change something in the converter files (username, pw, ...)? Someone told me about an export of the phpBB forum, but is this the archived version of the database (e.g. backup.sql)?

Thanks a lot in advance, Dickkopf
everything worked except the users

this is very frustrating
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5