MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converter phpbb2 -> mybb1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The MyBB Merge System (Now in private beta testing) will be the MyBB Groups official Alternative when it's released
okay thanks, I'll be on the look out for when its officially released

I really want to switch over to MyBB
bgn79 Wrote:everything worked except the users

this is very frustrating

I had the same problem too, but I remembered I got it to work before, so I used the 1.2.6 release instead.

Worked flawlessly. Use that one to convert from phpBB, then just upgrade afterwards.
thanks I will try that right now
thank you very much
im using the phpbb2.0.x to mybb 1.1.1. converter and ive been able to import/convert everything but my threads...

im getting the following error...

Quote:mySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 'Boy C', 1063222460, 0, '', 3, 0, 'yes', 0, 0, 0, '', 1)' at l
Query: INSERT INTO mybb_threads (tid, fid, subject, icon, poll, firstpost, uid, username, dateline, lastpost, lastposter, views, replies, closed, sticky, numratings, totalratings, notes, visible) VALUES (215, 11, 'REQ: Underground Funk `????', 0, 0, 516, , 'Boy C', 1063222460, 0, '', 3, 0, 'yes', 0, 0, 0, '', 1);

please help...

have upgraded to 1.2.7

[/quote]
Grimlok Wrote:I had the same problem too, but I remembered I got it to work before, so I used the 1.2.6 release instead.

Worked flawlessly. Use that one to convert from phpBB, then just upgrade afterwards.

Sadly, I don't think the link is available anymore.

Can anyone point me to a better coneverter. I am only lacking the 'users'
We suggest you try the MyBB Merge system, but it's in beta right now. If you sign up for it in the Announcements Discussion forum, you'll most likely get an invite to try it in one or two weeks.
DennisTT Wrote:We suggest you try the MyBB Merge system, but it's in beta right now. If you sign up for it in the Announcements Discussion forum, you'll most likely get an invite to try it in one or two weeks.

I signed to join, although I have used this tool to some success. The problem is it hasn't imported the users and I would love to use mybb for this site.

Could anyone help?

It gave no errors, just didn't work for that part Sad
thanks alot
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5