MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Im looking for somebody who could make/help with the creation of a plugin that would allow specific user groups in a specific forum to create private threads.

In these threads they can invite other members of the community to join those threads. And only those people could post in that thread.

The rest can read it normally but cant post in it. Example of what i mean is:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1094...-Lost-quot

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
so publicly visible threads that only specific groups can start and only the OP and users in the "allowed to start" group or not that are invited can reply to?
(2012-08-09, 10:11 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]so publicly visible threads that only specific groups can start and only the OP and users in the "allowed to start" group or not that are invited can reply to?

Yes the forum section would allow people to post "Open" threads in which everybody could post. But also "Closed threads", these threads only can be created by selected usergroups. And the person who creates it can invite other members to join the thread. So those people would also be able to post in them. Not invited people can still read the thread, but cant just post in it. And would have to be invited by the OP to be able to post.
*nudges it to the first page*

Still looking for help with this.
Bumped because I desperately need this feature as well.

I prefer it to be that no one are allow to enter the thread except that user.

The user can later invite other users to join.

A password protecting thread plugin? Smile

Because during a Roleplaying game, players would sometimes have to predict and assign an action before an event occur. And a thread they can create to store their gameplay history would be great, they'll disclose it after every gaming session for the group to view. This thread can be posted in a can't-edit, can't-delete-post forum.

Please, can someone make this happen?
(2012-08-31, 06:55 PM)Deadite Wrote: [ -> ]Bumped because I desperately need this feature as well.

I prefer it to be that no one are allow to enter the thread except that user.

The user can later invite other users to join.

A password protecting thread plugin? Smile

Because during a Roleplaying game, players would sometimes have to predict and assign an action before an event occur. And a thread they can create to store their gameplay history would be great, they'll disclose it after every gaming session for the group to view. This thread can be posted in a can't-edit, can't-delete-post forum.

Please, can someone make this happen?

Yes a password protected plugin would be fine to. As long as not just anybody can post in a thread. Thats the most important part of this plugin. And the OP needs to be in someway be able to choose who can post in it and who cant.
(2012-09-01, 07:05 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]Yes a password protected plugin would be fine to. As long as not just anybody can post in a thread. Thats the most important part of this plugin. And the OP needs to be in someway be able to choose who can post in it and who cant.

A lot of the post protector plugins I find, they allow the users to have access permanently to every protected post one user made if they fulfill the requirement, once. The requirements usually are, a reply to post or thread. They reply it once, they're forever immune to that plugin.

I think what we both want is something that doesn't grant permanent access. If they want to rejoin the thread or read the post again, or read a new protected post, they'll have to ask for permission or type in the required password.
(2012-09-02, 08:29 AM)Deadite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-01, 07:05 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]Yes a password protected plugin would be fine to. As long as not just anybody can post in a thread. Thats the most important part of this plugin. And the OP needs to be in someway be able to choose who can post in it and who cant.

A lot of the post protector plugins I find, they allow the users to have access permanently to every protected post one user made if they fulfill the requirement, once. The requirements usually are, a reply to post or thread. They reply it once, they're forever immune to that plugin.

I think what we both want is something that doesn't grant permanent access. If they want to rejoin the thread or read the post again, or read a new protected post, they'll have to ask for permission or type in the required password.

The best solution for me, would be if a thread OP could allow selected users to post in the thread. And also revoke the ability to do so.
Even the simple option of having the option in specified forums to let users create a password protected thread would be enough.
I may make the password protected thread idea after I finish the current plugin I am working on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4