MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My board is fail.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Those are a ton better than mine - thank you very much Big Grin

* Leefish changes stuff
Have you done a competitive analysis? Are there other active pool forums out there?
Found this cool MyBB one. Though I'm not sure if this counts as a pool forum, I'm so clueless on pool.

There is a big but dead snooker one too.

From my incredibly quick google search you don't seem to have too much competition, or too active competition, but I'm probably wrong.
There is one HUGE board - VBulletin. AZBilliards. Our site owner is a member there and is getting some stick about his board.

I was looking to see what other markets there are.

@brad_T - do you mean like a SWOT analysis?
I don't know what that means.
(2012-08-13, 01:38 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what that means.

Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats
Well, I looked up the competitive analysis term on the internet. A lot is about SEO, but I also found some good tips on looking at other boards and asking yourself why their board works and yours doesn't that kind of thing.

I shall do that.

I did the SWOT thing when I first did the revamp, but I expected more commitment from the owner to be honest.

SEO - is it worth it?
If the owner isn't committed, why continue the project at all?
Well brad, I hate to give up, you know?

I always said that leefish was my personal toy for me and my friends and I was not hugely interested in getting lots of members and being "successful". However, there is a part of me that wants to know if I COULD make a forum a *success if I really tried. Thus I try with the billiards. Big Grin

*Success = large member base, regular visitors and posters, generates enough income to pay it's server bills.
Ok but do you own that community now?
Pages: 1 2 3 4